• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link ELK M1 Lighting Devices to Z-Wave Nodes via UltraM1HG

Your template responses below.
    1. What Operating System Are You Using: (XP/Vista/7)Linux Zee
    2. Are you running HomeSeer as a service? (Yes/No)No
    3. How is HomeSeer connected to the Elk M1? (serial/M1XEP):M1XEP
    4. Do you run any anti-virus programs? If Yes, indicate the name and version.No
    5. Describe the issue you are experiencing. Would like to Link Elk M1 Lighting Device to HS Z-Wave Node
    6. Are you able to duplicate the issue? Yes If Yes, describe the steps to duplicate the issue. View the UltraM1G3 HSPI Lighting Page
    7. Send the debug log to ultrajones@hotmail.com using the procedure below.
    I'd like to link Elk M1 Lighting Device A2 to Homeseer Z-Wave Node2 so that lighting commands from Elk will operate HS Z-Wave Devices.

The documentation says: "To create a lighting device, simply connect to the UltraM1G3 HSPI Lighting web page, then select the checkbox next to the lighting number, then click the Submit button". In my case the check boxes are greyed out, so I'm unable to submit.

I've clearly overlooked something.

Since this is a HS Zee, not sure how to grab the UtraM1G debug log from the root directory; I suppose I must ssh into the device.

Thanks

After rebooting the Zee, I was finally was able to create an M1 lighting device for Z-Wave Node2 in Homeseer via the UltraM1G plugin. From the Elk Panel, I can turn the dimmer OFF, set a dim level, ramp up, and ramp down, but I cannot turn the dimmer ON with an On Command from Elk. I also cannot turn the device ON from the UltraM1G in the device list. I can turn it OFF.

There is some linking that is set in the properties of the the Z-Wave and UltraM1G devices. I've tried a few options and still cannot turn the dimmer ON. It operates just fine from within Homeseer Z-Wave Device, just not from the Elk M1 or the UltraM1G Device.

Click image for larger version  Name:	devices.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	1388797

Comment

The Elk M1 lighting integration wasn't designed to control Z-Wave in this manner. The Elk M1 Homeseer Lighting device controls lighting that's directly connected to the Elk System.

I'll do some debugging to see if this type of integration is possible. I'll report back in a day or two. Feel free to remind me if you don't hear from me in 2 days.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for that. Maybe I discovered an unintended feature or benefit of your plugin.

I seem to have it working if I link the ELK M1 Homeseer Lighting Device, with the Z-Wave Node. The exception is, that that the ON command does not work as I stated in my OP.

So the reason for this is we have two seniors, who aren't really tech savvy, but have desire for automation in a very large home. It has 85 Z-Wave Nodes. We provided android app to them called M1 Cloud. It's a really simple, easy to read, tabular view that they are already familiar with from using it with Elk. I know that Homeseer has apps and customizations, but they need really simple, scrolling list and they are set in their ways. I'd say this app is Like a "Cricket Phone" for automation.

Let me know if you want me to capture any of the Network commands, I have the ELK SDK that can trap packets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5237.PNG
Views:	266
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1390549

Comment

Have you had a chance to test ?

Comment

Yes, you need to make a few changes to the Z-Wave light to make this work. You can then link both devices together so changes to Z-Wave work in the Elk M1G lighting device and visa versa.

You first need to define the Lighting Device using the ElkRP software using Format = Extended, Type = Dimmer.
            You then need to create a HomeSeer Lighting Device from the UltraM1G plug-ins Lighting tab. Once the device is created, click on the HomeSeer device, click on the UltraM1G tab, then change the device to "Elk M1 Lighting (Direct Dim)".
            You then need to link the 2 devices together by clicking on their device name, then select the device under the Linked Device dropdown.
            Finally, follow the steps in the screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_90439.png
Views:	327
Size:	420.1 KB
ID:	1393753

Please let me know how that goes.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks.

I follow these steps, up until I must change the Status Graphics for the Z-Wave Device. My screen looks somewhat different at the start.

I do not see the range of 100-254 that you show in step 1, so of course, I cannot change to 101 as instructed.

Note however, that I have the desired functionality without making any changes to the status graphics.

I think I was on the right track in the beginning when I linked the devices, the steps I missed were: changing the Format in Elk RP to Extended and changing the UltraM1 Device to "Elk M1 Lighting (Direct Dim)"
              Attached Files

Comment

So we finished the deployment for 80+ nodes and have this working to control the device with the M1 Touch app. It works really well and the status and dim levels are accurate. I've just noticed however, that the status of the Z-Wave Device does not get updated in the HomeSeer GUI when the device is controlled locally at the device, even though the status is reported in the HS log. Don't know if this is a HS thing, or if I created a problem by linking the devices. I set up a test environment with two Z-Wave devices, so I can test. Could I have overlooked something obvious ?

Comment

The issue mentioned on July 6 with Dim Level reporting was a bug in the Inovelli firmware for the Dimmers; the basic status was not being transmitted with Group 1 associations. All of the devices have been updated and the firmware seems to have fixed that issue.

The last remaining issue is that the ON/OFF Switches update the Z-Wave Device status in Homeseer, but not the Elk M1 Lighting status.

Do the status graphics need to be updated differently for an ON/OFF Switch ?

Comment

I am trying to do this exact thing. I have an Elk M1 and purchased the plugin from Ultra Jones. However, I can't see any of the screenshots you guys are referring to in this post. Also, are you running any other zwave stuff directly on the M1? Or just on the Homeseer? Thanks!

Comment

I would like to Link ELK M1 Lighting Devices to Z-Wave Nodes using the UltraM1G3 plug in. However there is no way to create a HomeSeer Lighting Device from the UltraM1G3. Also I added a Lighting Device using the ElkRP software using Format = Extended, Type = Dimmer. It is not showing up in the UltraM1G3 Lighting Devices. I've restarted HS4 without success. Is there some sort of a workaround?

HS4PRO running as a service.

Comment

Its been a while for me since I had to create an ELK M1 Lighting device but give this a shot. I am spit-balling here...

Did you define how many lighting devices you wish to have in the ELK M1G3 plug in?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	25.9 KB ID:	1612076
                        Once the plugin accepts I believe you will get a saved message and may have to restart the plug in.

Then you should be able to manage the total of lighting devices you just added using the Elk M1G3's plugin Lighting tab and check which devices you want created in Homeseer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	66.4 KB ID:	1612077

Again may need a plugin restart, I am not sure...but the devices will be configured. Its from here you can choose the device from the UltraM1G3 Plugin | Elk M1 Lighting location and edit the device configuration and link to your Z-Wave device. I just tested on an old device and it works for me.​​

*EDIT

I think you need to create the device naming in ELKRP then save it and the Elk M1G3's plug-in will read it from the ELK panel. Then you can create the HS devices using the plug-ins config page. Good luck I hope it works

Comment

Thank you for the tips. It took several attempts, but it finally worked!

Comment

This right here is fantastic. I'd been looking at how to add Z-Wave to my Elk setup as the Leviton interface is no longer available and Elk only supports their own interface for "replacement parts".
                            Pending any future interface product released from Elk, and even then perhaps, using this integration for "virtual" Elk M1 lighting locations to allow automation buttons on my Elk keypads to trigger Homeseer's Z-wave control is brilliant!

Comment

Working...
                            X