Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I configure the user and password to talk to the M1XEP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I configure the user and password to talk to the M1XEP?

Hi. I'm trying to figure out how to get this plugin reconnected to my M1. I have the port number and IP address set, but I can't see where I set the user and password that's configured in the M1XEP.

thx!

Hi, Fresnoboy! You appear to be a deep user of HomeSeer where I am not so forgive me if I assume some novice validation configs . . . I have Elk M1 Gold with the UltraM1G3 plug-in installed in HomeSeer. The best security and automation combination ever!!!

I'm assuming you have it connected via ethernet protocol.

It's such a rock-solid integration that it's been a few years since I've had to do any modifications between HomeSeer and Elk M1G (which also means I'm a few years older and feeling every bit of it) but I do not recall having to set an ID or PW in HomeSeer for the Elk M1G connection to work. The HS upgrade from HS3 to HS4 was even seamless. If you're using the serial connection and UltraM1G3 works then it may be different than what I'm familiar with and my input will be worthless.

If you're communicating over Ethernet and having connectivity issues I would look into the M1xep connection via your ElkRP front-end. I added a screen shot of my ultram1g3 plug-in status and config just in case it might help for comparison. Can do the same from the Elk GUI if you need a comparison.

Best to you!

Attached Files

Comment

Hey... Thanks for the response. It looks like I have to disable user and password to get the plugin to work, because if I have them active, the plugin doesn't seem to want to connect. This is a big of a security mess this way, and the Elk plugins on Hubitat and others can handle user authentication.

I was wondering if I missed something here in terms of specifying the user and password.

Comment

Working...
      X