Alarm Interface Stopped Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm Interface Stopped Working

A couple of weeks ago, the interface between my alarm system and HomeSeer stopped working. It appears there is no communication at all in either direction. My best guess is that the AD2USB is dead. I hope that's not the case as it's less than a year old (installed 1/18). When I look at the plug-in settings, the COM port setting has disappeared and the port that I was using is no longer on the list to select. I remember from the initial install that the COM port didn't show up on the list until the AD2 was plugged in. I've rebotted HomeSeer and unplugged/re-plugged the USB connection. What would I do next to debug? Appreciate any help. I don't know what to do other than just buy a new AD2 and hope that fixes it.

I am using a HomeTroller running HS3 Pro version 3.0.0.368 and version 3.0.0.15 of the plug-in. The AD2 is spliced into the same bus as one of my keypads. The wiring looks solid and that keypad is working fine. Everything else with HomeSeer and the alarm system is working fine as far as I can tell. I haven't had any work done on the alarm system since the AD2 installation.

is the ad2usb led flashing? this indicates comm with the panel

have you tried other usb ports on the hometroller?

can you plug the usb cable into a laptop and test with Putty for connectivity?

you should probably contact nutech.com if you think the unit is bad. I'm sure they will help you replace it
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

The LED is not flashing. I've tried both USB Ports, and the HomeTroller does not seem to 'see' the unit because I can't get a COM port assigned. Unfortunately, I do not know how to use Putty, but it might be time to learn. I tried plugging the AD2 into my Windows PC which did at least recognize that I plugged in a 'serial controller'. I checked Nutech's website, and there is no contact number. I sent them an email. So will see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by fschwing View Post
        The LED is not flashing. I've tried both USB Ports, and the HomeTroller does not seem to 'see' the unit because I can't get a COM port assigned. Unfortunately, I do not know how to use Putty, but it might be time to learn. I tried plugging the AD2 into my Windows PC which did at least recognize that I plugged in a 'serial controller'. I checked Nutech's website, and there is no contact number. I sent them an email. So will see what they say.
        putty is a simple terminal program. once you download it, select the windows serial port created by the ad2usb, then open the port.

you might hit enter once in the terminal but you should immediately see ad2usb msgs

if you hit ! it will reboot the ad2usb
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Are you able to see the AD2USB COM device in the Windows Device Manager?

Windows 7: click on the Windows logo in lower left of screen, type "device manager" in the search box and click on the top search result.
          Windows 10: right click on the Windows logo in lower left of screen and select 'Device Manager' from the menu.

Expand the category 'Ports (COM and LPT)'. In this view, a COM device should appear/disappear when you connect/disconnect your AD2USB to/from the USB port.

Comment

Working...
          X