Leave a comment:

• calligoo
    replied
    I can start as soon as this Friday.

Cliff

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    I think i might have a beta version for everyone to test. What's your upcoming availability to test this?

Leave a comment:

• calligoo
    replied
    I think appending the instance name to Vista Alarm works. The events will be further categorized by the instance's zone name in the message/source field, so the Type/Error value provides high-level disambiguation between the instances without being overly complicated.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Another quick update. i think i have the triggers, conditions, and events working for multiple instances. What are your thoughts on logging between instances? Right now in the HS log, the Type/Error column shows Vista Alarm. Should i just tag on the instance name to the end; e.g Vista Alarm Workshop, Vista Alarm Barn, etc? or something else?

Leave a comment:

• calligoo
    replied
    Glad to hear it, Mark. Thanks for putting in the dev effort. I’m looking forward to trying it out.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    quick update. Making a lot of progress. I currently have a second instance running and monitoring a second panel

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Ok. i have two panels (a 20p, and 20se) online in my development setup. I'm trying to figure the best way to initiate a second instance. HS has a feature via the Manage plugin page, or i can do it myself with my own config page.

Leave a comment:

• calligoo
    replied
    I’m willing to donate an AD2USB if that would help.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Just a quick update...its going a little slow. I've worked the code, but its difficult to test with only one ad2usb. i need to get a second ad2usb so i can actually run a second instance of the plugin on a different com port

Leave a comment:

• calligoo
    replied
    Unfortunately, no. This was the first time I found I could use two instances of a plugin.

Are you looking at the HS API function SupportsMultipleInstances, or considering adapting a single instance of the plugin to use multiple COM ports? It seems the former would work equally well using HS to identify zones using its existing location parameters.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by calligoo View Post
    Hi Mark,

I use Vista Alarm with my main panel today. I just added a workshop to my house and it has its own panel, so I'd be happy to help support the work on a multi-panel variant. I have a spare panel I use for testing and 2 AD2USBs...let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

I agree: prepending an instance name to that instance's zones would work well.

Thanks,
    Cliff

thanks for the offer. Are you running any other plugins using multiple instances? if so, how do you configure it and how does it work at startup?

I've been working on this feature but it's poorly documented so its going slow.

I'm also waiting for a second ad2usb so i can connect two of them to my test panel

Leave a comment:

• calligoo
    replied
    Hi Mark,

I use Vista Alarm with my main panel today. I just added a workshop to my house and it has its own panel, so I'd be happy to help support the work on a multi-panel variant. I have a spare panel I use for testing and 2 AD2USBs...let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

I agree: prepending an instance name to that instance's zones would work well.

Thanks,
    Cliff

Leave a comment:

• cjvawv82
    replied
    Being able to label the instance with the location of the panel will work fine, plus it will make it easier to view and troubleshoot everything. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    CJ,
    i think i can add this to the plugin, but i'll definitely need your help testing this. What's your availability to test?

As i understand 'Instances' each gets a unique name. so the first instance can have a blank instance name while the second could be "barn", "shed", etc.

i will need to prefix all the Vista device addresses with the instance name, and customize the vistaalarm.ini file name as well.

Not sure if you have tried the plugin as-is. if not, none of this will make sense.

I guess i'm looking for feedback on your thoughts for grouping the plugin devices and associated zones

Leave a comment:

Working...
X