Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Force Vista plugin to use softlink port and ignore port from HomeSeer config screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Force Vista plugin to use softlink port and ignore port from HomeSeer config screen

Mark,

I am running HS3 on Linux and I have udev rules that create a softlink "/dev/ttyAD2USB" whenever it sees the AD2USB device plugged in. I want to use this link so that I don't have problems with the /dev/ttyUSB device changing from /dev/ttyUSB0 to /dev/ttyUSB1 which sometimes happens when my homeseer system reboots.

Unfortunately the softlinks do not display in the list of potential com ports on the manage plugins configuration screen so I cannot select /dev/ttyAD2USB as the com port for the plugin to use. Is there a way to force the plugin to use that port (perhaps an ini file entry) and not the port shown on the plugin management page?

Thanks!

Mitch

Maybe try making the softlink name start with "ttyUSB"? Probably could safely use ttyUSB9 as that should be out of range of anything the system would ever create.

Comment

I can try that, but a lot of other tty devices show up but no softlinks. I'd suspect they are looking for serial ports specifically rather than at device names.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
        I can try that, but a lot of other tty devices show up but no softlinks. I'd suspect they are looking for serial ports specifically rather than at device names.
        Mitch,
        did you get this working?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes I did Mark -- apparently they are indeed looking at device name format to use them -- I made a softlink ttyUSBAD2 in the udev rules and it showed up and works fine.

Thanks!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
            Yes I did Mark -- apparently they are indeed looking at device name format to use them -- I made a softlink ttyUSBAD2 in the udev rules and it showed up and works fine.

Thanks!

Mitch
            Thanks for reporting back and glad you got it working
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
            X