Vista plugin not initializing after server migration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista plugin not initializing after server migration

I recently moved my HS3 instance from one server to a new one following the recommended procedure of copying the HS3 directory from one machine to the new one (after doing a full install on the new machine). Everything works fine including other plug-ins, except the Vista Alarm. It starts and just waits at "Connected, waiting to be initialized...". I've tried disabling, re-enabling, deleting and re-installing the plug-in - all the same. I've also connected to the COM port and can see the A2USB output working fine. The correct COM port is selected as well. Help?

Did the config/visit alarm.ini make it to the new server?

If you can get to the config page, enable debug mode and restart

any errors or in the hs log?

make sure the plugin monitor device is On
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Thanks - looked in the logs and saw:
      Warning: The monitor is currently disabled. Turn On device 99 to start the monitor.
      Thats it - thanks so much. Now all works.

Comment

Glad you got it working. thanks for reporting back.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Working...
        X