Unable to start plugin on new Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to start plugin on new Server

I'm migrating to a new server for HS3, and I can't get this plugin to start up on the new machine. I moved over the config file and I see the COM port in Windows (set to 115200/8/N/1), but whenever I try to start the plugin, the interface status reports the generic:

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Vista Alarm - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

and the following error is in the HS log:

Initializing plug-in(2): Vista Alarm Instance::Index was outside the bounds of the array.STACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

... and just like that I figured it out 1 minute after posting!

For future reference (or maybe some additional bulletproofing on your side?), the culprit was bad data in the config file. The "Version" setting under AD2USB had gibberish in it, either from a bad connection b/c of bad port settings - I didn't set to 115200 baud at first - or from not being sure which was the right COM port and getting junk from my insteon USB device instead. Since it looked weird (it was 2 lines long, for starters, with lots of non-printable stuff in it), I tried to cut it so I could test without that value and got a message in Textpad telling me I couldn't cut/copy text with null characters in it.

Removing that setting entirely allowed it to start, at which point it repopulated that line.

Not sure that's terribly likely to happen again, so maybe this thread and Google searches is all you'll need, but you might also want to validate the legitimacy of anything you're writing to the config file that comes straight off the serial port!

Comment

thanks for posting the problem and solution. i'll see what i can do to help prevent this in the future.

for what its worth, you don't need to set the com port settings, the plugin does that when it opens the port.

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
      X