Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Vista Alarm plugin v3.0.1.6 BETA (multiple instance users only) Not for HS4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Vista Alarm plugin v3.0.1.6 BETA (multiple instance users only) Not for HS4!

There is a new beta available in the Updater Beta section. I refactored the entire project to support multiple instances (ie, control a second panel with a second instance of the plugin). This is not for new users. There are no new features over the latest Release version 3.0.1.0. So If you have no need to control a second panel please do not install this beta (you're asking for trouble)

I expect you will be upgrading from the latest release 3.0.1.0 so there no issues related to upgrading from a previous release.

Please backup your homeseer database, hspi_vistaalarm.exe, and the vistaalarm.ini before installing and running this beta. I cannot help you recover your previous system if the beta screws everything up.

here is my proposed test procedure:
    1. backup your system as outlined above
    2. install the beta from the Beta section of the Updater (you may need to stop the currently running plugin)
    3. verify that your currently configured panel is working as expected. (arm, disarm, events, triggers, actions)
    4. report any issues on this thread.
    5. To start a new instance, go to the plugin/vista alarm menu, select Instances
    6. Enter a single word to identify the instance (eg Shed, Barn, Workshop, etc). thus will be used as a prefix to device addresses, and as a suffix for the next vistaalarm.ini (i suggest something short and simply)
    7. click the Add Instance button; the new Instance will start and show up on the plugin/manage page
    8. from the plugin/manage page, enter the com port.
    9. you will need to config everything about the instance/new panel just as you did for the first panel. start on the Instances Settings page.
    10. verify the operation of the second panel (arm, disarm, events, triggers, actions)
    11. report any issues on this thread.

Fixes
    3.0.1.6 - Added a COMPORT=COMx entry to the [General] section of each vistaalarm.ini file.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

I got to step 2 and received the message, "Install/Update of package Vista Alarm was successful." I was watching the install directory and saw HSPI_VistaAlarm.exe update, but the plugin didn't display under Installed Plugins. I restarted HS3 and the following error was thrown: "~!~Error~!~Examining properties on plugin (2) HSPI_VistaAlarm.exe: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I ran through that a couple of times and had the same result each time.

I'm running HS 3.0.531 on Windows 10 Pro.

Cliff

Comment

Found the issue. I'll post another version later
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

posted 3.0.1.4. this should startup without issue.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I tried again and saw the same error on startup, "~!~Error~!~Examining properties on plugin (2) HSPI_VistaAlarm.exe: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Here are the log entries during the update:

Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Install/Update of package Vista Alarm was successful.
          Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\vistaalarm\VistaAlarmHelp.htm
          Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\vistaalarm\warning.png
          Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\vistaalarm\question.png
          Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\vistaalarm\pik2.gif
          Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\vistaalarm\normal.png
          Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\vistaalarm\lowbat.png
          Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\vistaalarm\disabled.png
          Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\vistaalarm\alert.png
          Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\vistaalarm\alarm.png
          Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\vistaalarm\FTD2XX_NET.dll
          Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_VistaAlarm.exe.config
          Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_VistaAlarm.exe
          Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Installing package Vista Alarm
          Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Update hspi_vistaalarm.exe downloaded successfully
          Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Downloading update: Vista Alarm
          Apr-28 07:31:57 Updater Starting download of updates

There was nothing in ..\html\vistaalarm except the help file. I renamed the folder and attempted to re-install the beta...no luck.

The install behavior is unexpected. In the HS3 web interface, after I receive the message, "Install/Update of package Vista Alarm was successful.", the plugin disappears from the list of installed plugins. I can roll back to 3.0.1.0, but when I select it from the list of security plugins, the installed version shows 3.0.1.4.

If I check Developer Mode on the plugins page, no console opens for Vista Alarm with 3.0.1.4 installed.

Comment

This error is interesting as it is generated before the plugin is actually run. HS is making an internal call to the hspi class to check a few property values before running the plugin. I couldn't replicate the error in debug mode, so i had to keep restarting HS. The previous build didn't get the correct exe in the zip.

Posted 3.0.1.5. Third time is a charm
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Third time was...installation worked with 3.0.1.5 and basic function checks look good with the primary panel. I'll have the second panel testing done later this afternoon.

Just so I'm clear: on the plugin instance screen, the New Instance Name is for the second instance, so the first instance will remain "Vista Alarm"?

Comment

Originally posted by calligoo View Post
                Third time was...installation worked with 3.0.1.5 and basic function checks look good with the primary panel. I'll have the second panel testing done later this afternoon.

Just so I'm clear: on the plugin instance screen, the New Instance Name is for the second instance, so the first instance will remain "Vista Alarm"?
                technically (to the code and hs) the primary instance doesn't really have a name. I display Main just to help avoid confusion and provide a link to the config page.

but to your question, Yes, "the New Instance Name is for the second instance". you don't need to register the Main or original instance.

In the pic below, the instance I created is called Prod.the second pic is the Plugin Manage page with both instances listed
                Attached Files
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Anyone else brave enough to try this beta
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,

I will gladly test.

I was looking to install another Vista 20p panel to be used for occupancy detection both indoor and outdoor. Do I need a second AD2USB device for this 2nd panel? Or just the second panel connected to the same AD2USB?

I currently have 1 Vista panel (First Alert branded) and 1 AD2USB device.

Thanks
                    Chris

Comment

You do need a second ad2usb for the second panel
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ok, so it took me 10 months, but 2nd Vista 20p panel and 2nd ad2usb on their way.

Once they arrive will perform the backups and install the new version.

Will report back once all is installed.

Cheers
                        Chris

Comment

I'm a really bad beta tester...12 months from initial install to first test, and the test fails.

The configuration of the second instance works and shows up in the plugin manage page, but it doesn't start because it's looking for AD2USB on COM1. In my system, the primary instance is COM5 and the second (shop) instance is COM6.
                          May-28 07:58:28 Error Initializing plug-in(2): Vista Alarm Instance:Shop:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.STACK: at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
                          May-28 07:58:26 Vista Alarm Parsed 'page'='instances'
                          May-28 07:58:25 Error Initializing plug-in(1): Vista Alarm Instance:Shop:Error opening COM port COM1 to Vista Alarm Time to load: 51 milliseconds
                          May-28 07:58:25 Vista Alarm Shop Error: System.IO.IOException: The port 'COM1' does not exist. at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace) at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open() at HSPI_VistaAlarm.MSSerialPortClass.Open() at HSPI_VistaAlarm.VistaAlarmClass.OpenPort(String Port) [3.0.1.5]
                          It doesn't look like I can adjust that manually in the ini.

Cliff

Comment

can you post a few pics of your config: the plugin instance page, and the plugin page. see my examples above.

i have to tell you i'm not sure how much more time i'm going to spend on multiple instances in HS3. HST dropped this concept in HS4 so i have to rebuild the plugin to support multiple panels on my own.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, Mark. Sorry I wasn't able to provide feedback when it may have been more relevant.

In any case, and for what they're worth, here're the screenshots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	plugins.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	1389424Click image for larger version

Name:	instance.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	1389425

Comment

Working...
                              X