FYI, Zone not responding after editing Zone Name in Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, Zone not responding after editing Zone Name in Homeseer

I'm not sure if this is by design or limitations because of HS4. When I select a device edit of a zone, ex: to rename the zone, once I complete the edit and save, the zone (zone type doesn't matter) does not respond and continues that way forever. If I delete the zone re-add the zone, it's fine.

Something tells me it isn't normal but, I just wanted to shed some light on the operation.

I did search and found examples of this happening not knowing what caused it and re-adding the zone after deletion was the fix.

This is a hs4 compatibility issue. is the Address value (Vista Zone x) getting change or deleted? can you post a pic of the device definition from the hs screens. Also, is the partition field still set correctly?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I don't see any of the values I should see when I go to advanced or the previous pages under the device edit (I think that's the right page, I'm new but technical). Pic attached.

Comment

I'll email HST about this.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Can you tell me what version of HS4 and plugin you are running?

I have HS 4.1.8.0 running with plugin version 3.0.1.0 and i am able to rename the device and change the floor without issue

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

HS4 Pro Trial 4.1.8.0 and Plugin is 3.0.1.0, registered.

I will be registering HS4 sometime over the next week.

Here’s where I’ve been trying to modify:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	AC03E050-50EC-4810-86C2-ED74F625C5F7.png
Views:	119
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	1428543

Comment

please enable debug mode on the Settings page within the plugin. Then do a device name change then fault the zone. post the hs log snippet showing messages from the device. I need to see if the plugin is processing the fault message or ignoring it.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Let me digress, I dealt with this for several days, the first 6 days in fact. I had to delete and create all my zones more than once.
                I did the test with debug, Changed the name only, I can no longer duplicate. The only difference in my testing was trial plugin and I registered it today.

I’m not sure, at this point I can test more but I’m not sure I can duplicate. I was really confused for several days. Sorry for the rise in concern. I still don’t see advanced populated, Is there a page I can get to for detailed Vista Settings, Zones, etc? Maybe those pages are different between HS3 and HS4? That would be helpful on my end if it were to happen again, but I have no need to change the names at this point.

Comment

ok. we will let this sit for now. thanks for reporting back.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Just an update, I had a zone fall off on the 28th, just noticed today. I will redo that zone tonight and do a check on all zones later this week.

Comment

Working...
                    X