Configuring Vista alarm in HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuring Vista alarm in HS4

On HS4, with Vista plugin enabled. I can't figure out how to actually get the device to arm. When I run an event to arm-away, nothing happens. The attached log is what I get:
    (Please note I mistakenly posted this as a reply to another post, so forgive my ineptitude...)

I have added a second thumbnail after I stopped and restarted the plugin fyi...
    Attached Files

are you able to arm directly from the buttons on the partition devices?

also, is the plugin tracking faulted zones correctly?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes, my alarm system is working properly directly from the 2 non-touchscreen keypads.
      And, I do not understand what you mean about plugin tracking. When I try to run an event, I see from the log it goes up to "sending code 2" and that's the end of it!
      Also, I just added a handful of zones and it seems these devices did not create properly. See attached screenshots.
      The only vista device I can control is the monitor status. I can turn it off and on from the devices screen. See attached screenshot.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SANDYMAR; December 6, 2020, 07:54 PM. Reason: Additional information

Comment

I'll have to try a clean install of the plugin with hs4.

in the meantime, if you enable debug mode, do you see alarm messages in the log?

how many partitions do you have? you must create a Partition device from the plugin and set the keypad address
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for responding Mark. I've been staring at this till I'm cross-eyed! In any case, I have ONE partition, address 16.
          How do I enable debug mode? If its just a matter of checking the box that says debugging, I have had the checked all day and the attachments I sent are representative of everything I see.
          The only additional information I want to say is that I took a look at the config file and somewhere in there it says set to com3. I tried to change the com port on the plugin but it only allows com 1. So I changed the config com3 to com1 to see if it helped, but it made NO difference...so I turned it back to its original setting of com3.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sandy,

we need to start at the beginning...

are you new to the ad2usb? is it wired to the panel correctly?

have you tried Putty or another terminal emulator program to test the connection between the pc and the ad2usb? using com1, or whatever the correct com port is

if everything is setup correctly you should see msgs like the following in the terminal program

[1000000100000000----],008,[f700000f1008001c08020000000000],"1 DISARMED Ready to Arm "

Once you have that working, you can proceed to the plugin setup. your Setting page looks ok. but you need to configure Partition 1 in the plugin as I mentioned.

then you will see msgs like the following in the hs log
            Dec-07 9:16:34 AM Vista Alarm [1000000100000000----],008,[f700000f1008001c08020000000000],"1 DISARMED Ready to Arm "
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark:
              1. my alarm has been connected to homeseer hs3 and was working without problem. My recall is that it also worked for a while on HS4. It seemed to suddenly stop working.
              2. I did everything I knew to get things working on the plugin but without success. So I deleted the plugin and reinstalled it.
              3. I do not know what PUTTY or anything similar is. But I have sent attachments which show the current status. The only control I seem to have is over the MONITOR STATUS.
              4. I thought I DID configure the partition 1. WHAT ELSE DO I need to do to configure?

Comment

ok. i dont see any ad2usb messages in the hs log, this is a problem

i would like you to find online and download a program called Putty and check to see if the ad2usb is still working
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I see this in the log. is that what you mean?
                  Attached Files

Comment

i saw that (that looks ok) but i'm looking for msgs like the following. these would indicate the ad2usb is configured correctly and receiving msgs from the panel

[1000000100000000----],008,[f700000f1008001c08020000000000],"1 DISARMED Ready to Arm "
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ok, I'm teaching myself putty. question is "how can I tell what the ip address of the ad2usb is?" Seems like I have to put that address into the putty screen?

Comment

the ad2usb is a serial device. select Serial connection type, not IP. then enter COM1 and see if the ad2usb responds. you may have to try COM2, COM3, etc
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ok, once I entered com4, I got the response as attached herein:

I tried to set com4 as the port on the plugin but it only accepts com1...
                          Attached Files

Comment

ok. you're making progress. COM4 is the right answer. in HS4, there should be a drop down on the ths4 plugin page for the vista plugin to select the right port. If you are not seeing COM4, this is an issue with HS4, i dont control that interface.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

com4 is part of the dropdown, but when I select it and try to save, it defaults to com1. Do you think this is the issue here?

Comment

Working...
                              X