User Number by script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User Number by script?

Hello. Is it possible to use VB Script to see what user armed the system?

Currently have an event "If Vista Alarm Partition Trigger" becomes "Armed Away" run VB Script.
    Would like to be able to see what user Armed Away from script.

I know you can create an event "If Vista Alarm User Trigger", but then I would have to create the same event OVER and OVER again for EVERY user in the system. Trying to not have to go this route.

Is this possible?

Do you have the LRR enabled? You need this to identify the user.

I don’t think the plug-in exposes the user number via scripts. It’s only avail via triggers.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      Do you have the LRR enabled? You need this to identify the user.

I don’t think the plug-in exposes the user number via scripts. It’s only avail via triggers.
      I was afraid of that So no way to pass it as a parameter or anything huh?

Comment

create 1 base event with the necessary actions, and then run that base event with separate events based on the different user triggers. this way you don't have to repeat the event actions multiple times.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          create 1 base event with the necessary actions, and then run that base event with separate events based on the different user triggers. this way you don't have to repeat the event actions multiple times.
          Not sure I fully understand what you mean. I want it to send an email to me whenever each user arms away with the user number. Example: "System armed by user: 1" if user 1 Armed, and "System armed by user: 2" if user 2 armed.

Comment

you can use substitution variables in the body an email action like the following, see the homeseer manual for more details

http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/st...ment_variables

the following will provide the status of Zone 9 in an email message

$$DSA:Vista Zone 9:

create a homeseer device that will hold a user name, or whatever value you want (maybe a name)

create one event to send the email using the substitution variable that references your custom hs device

create one event for each user that triggers with the plugin user trigger, and set the user number (or name) to a hs device you created, and then run second action to run the above email event.

you will have several user events that call the same email event

hope this helps
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

That helped! THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
              X