Detect Disarm/Clear from Burglary/Fire Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detect Disarm/Clear from Burglary/Fire Alarm

Forgive me if this has already been asked. I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out how to reliably do this in events as I want to do things when the system is disarmed after being in an alarm state.

As an example, I have a voice siren. Previously with ADT, I had some automations and with my Vista 20P, the controls for the siren output are not quite so reliable. Also, the thing just takes way too much power. I've wired it up to an external power supply, battery-backed, and on a Z-Wave 3-relay control. I -suppose- I could just use a Vista relay board, but, we're here instead.

What happens:
    Burglary Alarm detected: Toggle Z-Wave device 1 ON
    Fire Alarm detected: Toggle Z-Wave device 2 ON
    Carbon Monoxide Alarm detected: Toggle Z-Wave device 3 ON
    When each of those conditions is cleared, the associated Z-Wave device is toggled OFF. The relay closes an input on the voice siren that activates the desired siren and announcement.

Since the Vista Alarm plugin has no "CO Alarm" detection (only burglary/fire), I set the CO detect to trip if the zone for the CO detector is set to "Fault", and CO Clear when the CO detector is no longer in Fault condition. Clever.

It detects the Fire and Burglary just fine. However, for detecting that the condition has cleared - unlike detecting that the CO has cleared, my only option is detecting that the system has been disarmed. There's not really a logic in HS for "Was in Alarm, No longer in Alarm" since the event logic doesn't have a pre-condition logic that I can see. So, the way I've set up the event, I end up with lots of extra logs since every time someone opens and shuts a door, it ends up triggering the event that would disable/turn off the burglary alarm just as if it had been in alarm and become disarmed, since every time you shut the door, it becomes "Disarmed-Ready" again.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to better detect clearing from an alarm condition only, and not pick up simply returning to "Ready" status from a faulted zone such as opening and closing a door? I'm totally open to scripting if it has to be done that way, though that'd mean learning how to do it but would prefer to remain within Events if possible.

Hopefully I explained myself well enough.

to get "pre-condition logic" , you can use a virtual device in an event to capture the first trigger/condition, and then set the virtual device to a value
    then add that virtual device to the second event as a condition with the second trigger.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X