Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

250FBP - More than 89 Zones

Mark,

I just purchased the plugin today and it is up and running (I've only configured 1 zone, but things are working as expected so far) and it seems great/exactly what I need. However, I have a Vista-250FBP with 168 zones on a single partition (every individual window, door, smoke detector, CO2 detector, motion, glass break, etc has its own zone). but it appears that I can only configure 89 zones via the drop down - am I missing something? If 89 is the max, is there a workaround or an update you can make for me?

Also, once zones are created, is there a way to view the HS zone name along with the alarm zone number?

Thank You

David,
    I dont think I ever encountered a 250 with any other users. Each zone you add to the plugin must match the physical zone by zone number. the name and location are up to you.

I'll have to see about extending the zone capacity. but no promises right now.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I am not sure how Vista Alarm works but don't you want to have different zones? I actually separate doors/windows that must be closed to arm the system, a zone for windows that don't need to be closed because they can't be reached without a later (but they show a warning) and internal zones (internal doors, etc). That might brake it down to less than 89 (strange number) and allow you more control how you handle events in HS.

Comment

@Mark - Thank you for letting me know that it is a current limitation. If you do have bandwidth to extend the zone capacity and need me to test anything, I'm happy to do so. I saw the thread about a user with a 128 panel and I'll just confirm that similarly all the zones on the 250 are also 3 digits. And fyi, I'm on HS4 and the zones I've added as well as arm/disarm and sending commands via events all seem to be working without issue.

mulu - The benefit of having everything on its own zone is pinpoint accuracy when things fault - no question of, for example, which window is faulting in the basement as in the case when all the basement windows are wired to a single zone. In any event, I'm not going to rewire my panel, so I very much appreciate Mark considering an update.

Thanks,
        David

Comment

Also - just fyi - things look fine in the log for all zones including those >=89

12/23/2021 8:53:53 PM Legacy-Plugin Vista Alarm FAULT 104 MASTERBEDROOM MOTION
          12/23/2021 8:53:26 PM Legacy-Plugin Vista Alarm FAULT 119 UPPER FOYER MOTION
          12/23/2021 8:53:20 PM Legacy-Plugin Vista Alarm FAULT 089 2ND FLBACK MOTION
          12/23/2021 8:46:00 PM Legacy-Plugin Vista Alarm FAULT 052 BACK STAIR MOTION
          12/23/2021 8:28:42 PM Legacy-Plugin Vista Alarm FAULT 009 POOL ROOM DOOR

Comment

I found the constant in the code where i store the max zone number (89). Not sure where i got that from but I'm sure i didn't make it up at the time.

1. what's the max zone number in your 250?
            2. what model type did you select in the plugin? the Vista 256
            3. what plugin version are you using now?

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

1. My last zone is 168 though according to the docs, it will support 250 (this is from the Honeywell Installation and Setup Guide)
              Feature VISTA-128FBP VISTA-250FBP
              Number of Zones 128 250
              Number of User Codes 150 250
              Event Log Capacity 512 1000
              2. I selected Vista 256 in the plugin (I assumed it was just a typo on the label and when everything fire up successfully, I didn't worry about)

3. Plugin Version: Vista Alarm 3.0.1.0

Also - I just did some quick googling to see if anything popped up relevant to the 89. I did see this in the Ademco Vista 4120XM manual which seems to imply that 89 is the last standard zone on that panel:
              A display of CHECK, accompanied by a display of one of the following:
              ZONE 88, ZONE 89, 90 RADIO SUPERVISION*, 91 RADIO SUPERVISION”

Thank You

Comment

Well that was easier than I thought. Please find the BETA 3.0.1.1 version in the Beta section of the updater

I rolled back my prev beta code to 3.0.1.0 (the release version) and added the changes to support the max zone number of 250 for your panel. Fingers crossed.

This change forced me to pull the previous beta which wasn't compatible with hs4 at all. so that helps me too.

This is untested, so please install and provide feedback on this thread.

you should reselect the vista 250 option, and possible restart the plugin before attempting to add more zones.

good luck
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark - thank you very much

1. At first it didn't install (even after disabling the plugin) because the help file was missing - but I copied it over from the old install folder into the updates folder and then the update succeeded.
                  12/24/2021 11:19:22 AM HomeSeer Updater Error Installation of package Vista Alarm failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
                  12/24/2021 11:19:22 AM HomeSeer Updater Error Package file not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\Vista AlarmBETA 3.0.1.1\VistaAlarmHelp.htm

2. A very quick check seems to have everything working
                  a. Using a zone that existed before the upgrade - status correct/bypass button working
                  b. Partition 1 Arm Stay, Disarm working
                  c. Last panel message correct
                  d. Added zone 17 and zone 119 successfully
                  e. Tested zone 119 (a motion zone) and PI updated status correctly

I didn't test events yet, but will let you know if any issues arise. Is there anything else you'd like me to test sooner rather than later?

Again - thank you very much for the quick replies and resolution - top notch!

David

Comment

Mark -

The only issue I've found so, though it is important, is that if I arm the alarm via a physical keypad, I cannot disarm it via the plugin. If I arm it via the plugin, I can disarm it via the plugin without issue. If I arm it via a physical keypad, I can disarm via the ad2usb windows AlarmDecoder keypad application without issue. The messages seem to be sending correctly in both cases. I tired disabling and re-enabling the plugin, but that had no effect (I obviously had to disable it to run the AlarmDecoder app to get access to the com port). I also tried via the widget in the HS android app as well as the device itself via the browser page to HS server (a hometroller machine which is where the ad2usb is plugged into).

_edited to remove the log entries_

Comment

what does the command sequence look like on the 250 for the disarm? please include any required leading zeros or other characters
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Apologies Mark, user error. I had the wrong code in the "Security Code" field on the PI settings page. I changed that and it seems fine now.

Comment

no worries. thanks for reporting back
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark, I installed your beta 3.0.1.1 and found that the help file VistaAlarmHelp.htm was not included in the Zip but is called out in install.txt so I get an error installing the plugin. Copying the existing htm file into the Update3/Vista... folder eliminated the problem.

This is on a Linux box so file case matters but I did not see any .htm file in the zip.

BTW, I still get the logs showing "Sending Display Faults command to alarm" continually.

Comment

I've update the beta package to include the help file
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X