Arm-Instant & Custom Alarm Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arm-Instant & Custom Alarm Module

I see Arm-Instant in settings of the alarm status module/"device", but there's no actual button for it on the device? I see arm-maximum in both places, in setting and a button for activating it on the "device".

I tried to create my own arm-instant device, but I can't get mine to display a "Vista alarm" icon at the top of the settings section of my device, this looks like it is what holds the real functionality of the plugin! I have no idea if we even can add such a section to our custom device/module?

there should be a Vista Alarm tab on the partition or system device page where you can add and remove the Arm instant button.

Yes, you are correct, you can't create your own plugin devices. and even if you could, the actual plugin wouldn't recognize it or know what to do with it.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Where exactly is the partition or system device page? The way they have homeseer laid out it's a bit confusing - I've played with HS several times but have not used it regularly over the course of the years. If I go to devices on the main homeseer page, I see all the buttons or devices created automatically when I installed your plugin, none of them say arm instant except for the one I tried to create. If I go into the system status button or device or the partition one system status or device yes I see listings in the settings for arm instant but I see no add option and it's not displayed on the main screen of homeseer where the other actual alarm trigger buttons exist ? Hope that makes sense again I don't understand all the terminology for this system.

Comment

you should see a hs device like the following for parition 1 on the Home page. you can enable and disable the option buttons

Click image for larger version

Name:	Part 1 device.png
Views:	94
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	1519497
        Click image for larger version

Name:	vista alarm tab.png
Views:	70
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	1519498
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

If the place where you do this shows a checkbox to activate the arm instant button, that is checked by default in two different places, but it does not show on the related device. If I remove arm- maximum hoping to make "room" for arm instant it is still a no-go!? Sorry my post was in process when being written and not sent before you responded to my last message. Yes I'm in the section you screenshot.

Comment

have you tried to enable, disable, and enable again. the buttons must be out of sync with the setting.

please post some pics
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

​I did try that and nothing changed. ​ Click image for larger version  Name:	ScreenHunter 386.png Views:	0 Size:	17.5 KB ID:	1519642Click image for larger version  Name:	ScreenHunter 387.png Views:	0 Size:	20.0 KB ID:	1519641

Comment

what version of the plugin are you running?
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hello,

I noticed that on the Status-Graphics setups for these devices, the 'Column Span' field is populated rather than the 'Column' field.

I don't have Vista running on HS4, but I tried setting up a dummy device in a similar way. Only five of the six buttons would display when set up like this (device "Vista Test 1" below). When the values are moved to the 'Column' fields [Column Span set to zero], all six appear (device "Vista Test 2").

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X