strange side effect with the FTDI drivers and AD2USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange side effect with the FTDI drivers and AD2USB

when i reboot my hs server (win 2003), i have noticed that my server tries to load and enable a 'serial mouse device' (i can see the malfunctioning (!) device in the device manager). I guess it thinks the AD2USB looks like a mouse device at boottime.

anyways, if you see this in your device manager, don't be alarmed and don't bother the device: disabling it seems to cause comm problems with the ad2usb.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    when i reboot my hs server (win 2003), i have noticed that my server tries to load and enable a 'serial mouse device' (i can see the malfunctioning (!) device in the device manager). I guess it thinks the AD2USB looks like a mouse device at boottime.

anyways, if you see this in your device manager, don't be alarmed and don't bother the device: disabling it seems to cause comm problems with the ad2usb.
    I seen this once when I rebooted my HomeTroller; I didn't put it to much though. I simply ignored it and during the next reboot this went away and has not returned since.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jkarney View Post
      I seen this once when I rebooted my HomeTroller; I didn't put it to much though. I simply ignored it and during the next reboot this went away and has not returned since.

Jim
      thanks jim,

i contacted FTDI and they suggested that i uninstall the drivers, reboot and reinstall. Doing an inplace upgrade (which i did) can cause problems.

i just hate rebooting my server (it takes forever)
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

thanks jim,

i contacted FTDI and they suggested that i uninstall the drivers, reboot and reinstall. Doing an inplace upgrade (which i did) can cause problems.

i just hate rebooting my server (it takes forever)
        Mark,
        Every time I reboot the HT2 the AD2USB is recognized as a 'serial mouse device' and tries to load drivers. This problem only occurred every now & again in the past but now it happens all the time.

Did you try what FTDI suggested? If so; did it fix this nuisance?

TIA
        Jim

Comment

Mark,
          Every time I reboot the HT2 the AD2USB is recognized as a 'serial mouse device' and tries to load drivers. This problem only occurred every now & again in the past but now it happens all the time.

Did you try what FTDI suggested? If so; did it fix this nuisance?

TIA
          Jim
          don't bother reinstalling, it won't help. what i did was to let the system install the serial mouse drivers and then I went into device manager and disable the device. this will prevent windows from reinstalling the drivers on subsequent reboots.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

don't bother reinstalling, it won't help. what i did was to let the system install the serial mouse drivers and then I went into device manager and disable the device. this will prevent windows from reinstalling the drivers on subsequent reboots.
            I'll give it a try. Thanks

Comment

I let the system install the serial mouse drivers and then I disabled the mouse device in Device Manager. All is well this nuisance is gone.

Thanks for the work around Mark.

Cheers

Jim.

Comment

I let the system install the serial mouse drivers and then I disabled the mouse device in Device Manager. All is well this nuisance is gone.

Thanks for the work around Mark.

Cheers

Jim.
                Did the same thing to get rid of the nuisance.

Comment

Working...
                X