Small bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small bug

On the page where Device Properties are set, if I check "Use custom statuses and graphic" and click Save, the setting is in fact saved, but the check box becomes undone. It's a little confusing..

Hope this is helpful.

Regards.

Originally posted by jwshome2 View Post
    On the page where Device Properties are set, if I check "Use custom statuses and graphic" and click Save, the setting is in fact saved, but the check box becomes undone. It's a little confusing..

Hope this is helpful.

Regards.
    If you leave the page and come back is the setting checked?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes, if I leave the page and come back the setting is checked, so the system seems to be picking up and storing the correct information. It's just not displayed correctly on the page when I check or uncheck any of those three option boxes.

Comment

can you tell me what version of HS and what browser & ver you are using?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Firefox 3.5.6, and Homeseer 2.4.0.6

Comment

Originally posted by jwshome2 View Post
            Firefox 3.5.6, and Homeseer 2.4.0.6
            i'm currently using ie8 (but have tested with ie7) but with hs 2.3.0.19. when i changes these values (on the dev prop page) and click save, the page returns to the status page.

sounds like firefox is somehow staying on the device property page, is that right?

can you try ie7 or ie8 and see if you get the same results as firefox
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes, I see the same problem with ie7

Comment

I am seeing this as well with IE8 on both Vista and Windows 7 -- the check box records the change correctly but when the save button is hit it redisplays the same page and the box is not checked. However, refreshing the page causes the check box to show as checked.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchmitchell1616 View Post
                  I am seeing this as well with IE8 on both Vista and Windows 7 -- the check box records the change correctly but when the save button is hit it redisplays the same page and the box is not checked. However, refreshing the page causes the check box to show as checked.
                  What ver of hs are you using
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I'll have to check when I get home, but I downloaded and installed the latest release after christmas.

Comment

Here is my homeseer version information:

Current Date/Time: 1/8/2010 8:05:01 PM Central Standard Time
                      HomeSeer Version: Professional Edition 2.4.0.3
                      HomeSeer: Is Registered
                      HomeSeer Localization: English (United States)
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition - Server
                      OS Version: 5.2.3790 Service Pack: 2.0

Comment

ok. thanks for all the info. i think something has changed in hs.

i will fireup the plugin on my dev workstation which has 2.4 but i guess I'll upgrade to 2.4.0.3 to test.

I'll make this fix in the next release (along with some 128 support), but probably won't release a fix for just this bug. Sound good?
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Works for me, thanks!

Comment

Guys,
                            i upgraded to 2.4.0.6 but still am not seeing the problem you describe. when i click the device property page Save btn, the plugin returns me to the status page. i do not stay on the dev prop page.

are you getting any errors in the hs log when you click the Save btn on the device property page. if so please post.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I am not seeing errors -- it really looks only to be cosmetic -- If I refresh the page, the box is checked.

Comment

Working...
                              X