Help with launching event upon alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with launching event upon alarm

I have set up an event that flashes the lights, plays a message to a would-be burglar including the sound of a siren and sends an email to me. I would like for this to launch when the system goes into an alarm mode. I figured out how to get the event to trigger (Vista Alarm System trigger--> System Becomes "Burglar Alarm") however, since the panel continues to send out a message that is is in alarm mode every few seconds the event plays continuously until the alarm is disarmed AND the fault is cleared. Just disarming the system once without clearing the faulted zone does not stop the event from continuing to trigger. Would I need to set up a virtual device that changes status based on the alarm and trigger off of that?

Thanks

Originally posted by djc1603 View Post
    I have set up an event that flashes the lights, plays a message to a would-be burglar including the sound of a siren and sends an email to me. I would like for this to launch when the system goes into an alarm mode. I figured out how to get the event to trigger (Vista Alarm System trigger--> System Becomes "Burglar Alarm") however, since the panel continues to send out a message that is is in alarm mode every few seconds the event plays continuously until the alarm is disarmed AND the fault is cleared. Just disarming the system once without clearing the faulted zone does not stop the event from continuing to trigger. Would I need to set up a virtual device that changes status based on the alarm and trigger off of that?

Thanks
    you could certainly use a virtual device to prevent the event from running again.

But could you turn on debugging and run the burglar alarm scenario again and the post the log. I didn't think the system would bounce in and out of Alarm state thus i would have thought the event would have run just once.

I just need to see your log first but I may be able to make a change in the plugin so you can avoid the virtual device
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for your quick response. Right after I posted it, I figured out the virtual device route. I will get you a debug log tomorrow, my wife is tired of hearing me set the alarm off tonight :-)

Comment

Thanks for your quick response. Right after I posted it, I figured out the virtual device route. I will get you a debug log tomorrow, my wife is tired of hearing me set the alarm off tonight :-)
        no rush. i know what you mean about the alarm

btw what vista model do you have?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I am using the Vista 20P.

One additional question, I have loaded all of my zones, but I have a zone set up that only has a motion detector in it and it is not showing up. It updates in the log when it goes into a fault state so the plugin sees it. Does it have to be in a no-fault state for a certain period of time before it will show in the zone drop down field?

Great plugin.

Thanks

Comment

I am using the Vista 20P.

One additional question, I have loaded all of my zones, but I have a zone set up that only has a motion detector in it and it is not showing up. It updates in the log when it goes into a fault state so the plugin sees it. Does it have to be in a no-fault state for a certain period of time before it will show in the zone drop down field?

Great plugin.

Thanks
            the zone doesn't have to be in any particular state to show up in the drop down.

what is the zone number and name for the motion sensor in question?

thanks for the support
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

The zone is 06. It is not named in the VIsta panel and since I can't add it to the plugin, I haven't named it in HS either.
              Thanks again

Comment

Disregard the motion sensor issue. I found it, I had actually set it up earlier today but had it associated to the worn location so when I filtered to the location I was expecting it to be, it wasn't there.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X