Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyway to re-configure the entry delay via plugin? or ideally get the MAXIMUM mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway to re-configure the entry delay via plugin? or ideally get the MAXIMUM mode?

I'm trying to find out if I can change my current entry delay. Since the plugin is connected to the panel, surely there must be commands to do this?

I read that the ademco alarm has a mode called Maximum (in addition to the AWAY, STAY and INSTANT)

Maximum provides: EXIT DELAY yes, ENTRY DELAY no, PERIMETER ARMED yes, INTERIOR ARMED yes.

If the entry delay can't be changed I would be interested in getting the MAXIMUM option enabled in the plugin.

Thanks alot
    Sly

Originally posted by Raven_ View Post
    I'm trying to find out if I can change my current entry delay. Since the plugin is connected to the panel, surely there must be commands to do this?

Thanks alot
    Sly
    programming the panel via the plugin is not supported.

I suggestion you installed the nutech.com mono gui Virtual keypad.

http://www.nutech.com/forums/12.html

you can easily stop the plugin monitor, fire up the virtual keypad and reprogram the panel as necessary. i think the minimum delay is 60 sec and you can increase it from there. check your programming manual

here is a url with lots of manuals

http://www.aesecurity.com/manuals.html
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,

ok thanks. I also read that the vista 20p panel has a mode called MAXIMUM mode.

Maximum provides: EXIT DELAY yes, ENTRY DELAY no, PERIMETER ARMED yes, INTERIOR ARMED yes.

http://www.adt.com/wps/wcm/connect/7...df?MOD=AJPERES
      (Page 17 Maximum mode)

Have you seen this before? if we can add this mode in the plugin this would suffice too

Cheers
      Sly

Comment

Hi Mark,

ok thanks. I also read that the vista 20p panel has a mode called MAXIMUM mode.

http://www.adt.com/wps/wcm/connect/7...df?MOD=AJPERES
        (Page 17 Maximum mode)

Have you seen this before? if we can add this mode in the plugin this would suffice too

Cheers
        Sly
        I have added an "arm maximum" btn to the next release of the plugin. turns out 'arm max' leaves the alarm in 'arm away' mode in the end.

i have also added the ability to hide or show 'arm instant', 'arm maximum', and 'bypass all' if you don't want these btns.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          I have added an "arm maximum" btn to the next release of the plugin. turns out 'arm max' leaves the alarm in 'arm away' mode in the end.

i have also added the ability to hide or show 'arm instant', 'arm maximum', and 'bypass all' if you don't want these btns.
          Hi Mark,

Thanks! but are you saying that arm maximum won't work as described in the manual? arm away has an entry delay whereas the arm max has no entry delay. the rest is the same.

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thanks! but are you saying that arm maximum won't work as described in the manual? arm away has an entry delay whereas the arm max has no entry delay. the rest is the same.
            you'll have to give it a try on your panel to see how it will react to an arm max. My main point was (at least for my 20p) the panel ends up in 'arm away' mode, not in a special 'arm mode'

when you have a chance, turn off the plugin monitor, open hyperterminal and issue the arm max cmd. capture the log and post it under a new thread if you don't mind. I would be interested to see if your panel does something different.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi mark,

sure I can open the hyperterminal but what is the exact command do I type? code + 4? I'm not an expert at this

Thanks

Comment

Hi mark,

sure I can open the hyperterminal but what is the exact command do I type? code + 4? I'm not an expert at this

Thanks
                that's it.

you can also setup a manual event with the "Send Command" Vista Alarm Action like the following. then just run the event and the plugin will send the arm max cmd for you. that way we can see how the plugin responds to the cmd.
                Attached Files
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

that's it.

you can also setup a manual event with the "Send Command" Vista Alarm Action like the following. then just run the event and the plugin will send the arm max cmd for you. that way we can see how the plugin responds to the cmd.
                  cool thanks. I like the manual event command. I'll try that!

Cheers

Comment

darn. I tried to set it in maximum mode but the feature seems disabled. I wonder if there's any way to re-activate this feature by programming the panel?

I'm now ordering the v2 AD2USB board and the panel unlocker software. Worst case if I change the entry delay and the communication burglar delay.

Comment

darn. I tried to set it in maximum mode but the feature seems disabled. I wonder if there's any way to re-activate this feature by programming the panel?

I'm now ordering the v2 AD2USB board and the panel unlocker software. Worst case if I change the entry delay and the communication burglar delay.
                      if you can already get the panel into programming mode, why do you need the panel unlocker software? what else will it do for you?

the default seq to get a 20p into prog mode is 4112800 (assuming the installer code hasn't been changed or *98 wasn't used)

i didn't see anything in the prog guide about enabling or disabling "arm max"

can you use the 'arm instant' cmd?
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

if you can already get the panel into programming mode, why do you need the panel unlocker software? what else will it do for you?

the default seq to get a 20p into prog mode is 4112800 (assuming the installer code hasn't been changed or *98 wasn't used)

i didn't see anything in the prog guide about enabling or disabling "arm max"

can you use the 'arm instant' cmd?
                        Hi Mark,

your right but if I want to try going into programming mode, I would need the mono gui tool which only runs on v2 boards no?

for the instant arm, yes this works BUT all interior sensors are disabled in this mode. Maximum was ideal as it offers no entry delay and all interior sensors armed.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Mark,

your right but if I want to try going into programming mode, I would need the mono gui tool which only runs on v2 boards no?

for the instant arm, yes this works BUT all interior sensors are disabled in this mode. Maximum was ideal as it offers no entry delay and all interior sensors armed.

Thanks
                          there is a version of the mono gui virtual keypad that will run on the v1 board. Sean did leave one version posted, just not sure which
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ok thanks let me try. I'm still ordering the v2 board as I want to keep getting the latest updates and features

Question: on the Vista 20P programming manual http://site.aesecurity.com/Manuals/v...mmingguide.pdf

on page 2 it mentions what to do to review a Data Field. it says (after entering master code + 800), press # and field number

so for example if I want to review the current settings for Entry Delay #1, I would do # + *35 (as per manual) or just # + 35 ?

Thanks!
                            Sly

Comment

I tried the virtual keypad and it works fine but the default master installer code isn't being accepted to go into programming mode (the rest works). So I will need the panel unlocker afterall

Comment

Working...
                              X