Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AD2USB v2 board

Hi Mark,

When I receive my new v2 board, is it a simple swap with the v1 board or do I need to update or change a setting in the plugin or firmware?

Thanks

It should be a straight forward swap. You will need to config the ad2usb first. The device should come with the latest firmware so that shouldn't be an issue
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      It should be a straight forward swap. You will need to config the ad2usb first. The device should come with the latest firmware so that shouldn't be an issue
      Thanks Mark but configure the board? please refresh my memory on whats need to be configured

Comment

Open the port for the ad2usb using the program of your choice (hyperterm) enter an "=" and a screen like the image below will appaer. Then enter an "!" to enter the config. I am under the impression the zone expanders are not used unless you a messing with virtual devices.

keypad adress and the code (alarm pass code) are the two items I think you need right.

-r
        Attached Files
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rmorton27 View Post
          Open the port for the ad2usb using the program of your choice (hyperterm) enter an "=" and a screen like the image below will appaer. Then enter an "!" to enter the config. I am under the impression the zone expanders are not used unless you a messing with virtual devices.

keypad adress and the code (alarm pass code) are the two items I think you need right.

-r
          Hi,

ah I remember now. the remote keypad address and the alarm code. I'll get the current keypad address from my existing board and note it down.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Raven_ View Post
            Thanks Mark but configure the board? please refresh my memory on whats need to be configured
            open hyperterminal to the com port your ad2usb is connected to and hit ! to start the config seq. You will want to leave all the zone expander ranges to the default "N" for now
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Having just gotten my v1 AD2USB to work, I'm reluctant to make any changes. I can't seem to find the post which describes what the v2 board does that the v1 does not. Can you provide a quick summary, to help decide whether an upgrade would be beneficial?

Thanks.

Comment

check out the following thread

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=142015
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yellow and Green, DI and DO

OK, just got an ad2usb v2. Top of box have terminals for DI and DO. Question is what those are? DI and DO to the ad2usb or DI and DO to the alarm panel? Just don't want to get them crossed...Panel schematic says DI is green wire and DO is yellow wire.

Does the green wire go to the ad2usb DI terminal and the yellow wire go to the DO terminal?

Thanks,
                  Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mmikem View Post
                    OK, just got an ad2usb v2. Top of box have terminals for DI and DO. Question is what those are? DI and DO to the ad2usb or DI and DO to the alarm panel? Just don't want to get them crossed...Panel schematic says DI is green wire and DO is yellow wire.

Does the green wire go to the ad2usb DI terminal and the yellow wire go to the DO terminal?

Thanks,
                    Mike
                    Mike,
                    please refer to the installation documentation avail here:
                    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=136097

the DI and DO are connected to the panel. i believe they are connected straight throught, ie not crossed. please check the documentation.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark. Yea I have looked at the thread and read the manual that came with the ad2usb...That is why I ask. It doesn't clearly say weather DI is IN to the ad2usb or IN to the panel and same with DO. I will connect it like I connect other devices to the alarm panel.
                      Thanks again for the quick reply,
                      Mike

Comment

Thanks for your help Mark! Got it hook up and it works perfectly! This is a nice piece of of work Mark!

Comment

Thanks for your help Mark! Got it hook up and it works perfectly! This is a nice piece of of work Mark!
                          you're welcome and thanks. btw, what version are you running?
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

v1.2.0 of the vista plugin...just reading up on the RF implentation in early Dec. I see v1.2.3 in that thread. Any version newer than that? And any one using hs 2.5 yet with the vista plugin that you know of?
                            Thanks,
                            Mike

Comment

v1.2.0 of the vista plugin...just reading up on the RF implentation in early Dec. I see v1.2.3 in that thread. Any version newer than that? And any one using hs 2.5 yet with the vista plugin that you know of?
                              Thanks,
                              Mike
                              1.2.3 is the latest that i have posted. if you have RF devices, your feedback would be great.

I don't know if anyone is using hs 2.5 with the plugin yet. I tried to get the hs 2.5 release notes from HST so i could see what changed but i didn't get anything.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X