Device Code and Bypass Function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device Code and Bypass Function

I don't understand the device codes on the partitions tab. To me, a device code is something like A1. Here all I can choose is a number. So I have a chime device code of '10. I don't know how to set a chime device to respond to this code. What am I missing?

Also, Bypass is not working. When I look at the log, I see that the plug-in is not sending [code] prior to the bypass code so it doesn't work. How do I get the plug-in to send the [code]+ the bypass instruction?

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
    I don't understand the device codes on the partitions tab. To me, a device code is something like A1. Here all I can choose is a number. So I have a chime device code of '10. I don't know how to set a chime device to respond to this code. What am I missing?

Also, Bypass is not working. When I look at the log, I see that the plug-in is not sending [code] prior to the bypass code so it doesn't work. How do I get the plug-in to send the [code]+ the bypass instruction?
    device code is basically a unit code (1-99). the house code (ie A,B) are assigned by the plugin/hs. Assign a device code/unit code that does not overlap with a zone. i would use something in the 70s or 80s for you chime devices.

are you pressing a bypass btn on a specific zone or using the bypass action or something else. need more info here

ps. feel free to continue to ask more questions on your existing thread. i subscribe to all threads here so i will see you additional questions on an existing thread
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I'm pushing the button on a specific zone. As for device codes, I still don't see how I can set up an X10 chime device with the device codes the plug-in is assigning.

Comment

I'm pushing the button on a specific zone. As for device codes, I still don't see how I can set up an X10 chime device with the device codes the plug-in is assigning.
        this plugin makes no attempt to integrate with any x10 capabilities of the panel. Can you tell me what you are trying to do and maybe we can find an alternative solution.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I was planning to put an X10 chime device in the basement so I would know when doors are opened when the system is not armed. I guess I can do that with an event triggered by any of the door zones.

Comment

As far as bypass goes, it seems to me that the plug-in needs to send [code] + the bypass instructions to make it work when the button next to the zone device is pressed.

Comment

I was planning to put an X10 chime device in the basement so I would know when doors are opened when the system is not armed. I guess I can do that with an event triggered by any of the door zones.
              yes i think the the event trigger is thw way to go here.

the chime device in the plugin is specifically to control the chime feature of the keypad.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

As far as bypass goes, it seems to me that the plug-in needs to send [code] + the bypass instructions to make it work when the button next to the zone device is pressed.
                the plugin does send the panel code. did you enter the code on the Partition page as well.

btw, what panel do you have
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I had only entered the code on the settings page. Entering it on the partitions page fixed the bypass problem.
                  Thanx

Comment

I had only entered the code on the settings page. Entering it on the partitions page fixed the bypass problem.
                    Thanx
                    good to hear.

so are you up for trying a new version that supports the arm-max issue you are having?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes, I'll try it. I'd like to have the plug-in work for armed-max. Just let me know what you need me to do and how to do it.

Comment

ok, here you go. a few notes for install/setup

to install new version:

shutdown hs, backup your homeseer\hspi_vistaalarm.dll file
                        extract the new hspi_vistaalarm.dll to your homeseer folder
                        restart hs

once hs is running, do the following

1. Edit the Partition 1 (and others if you have them) and System status device on the hs status page. You need to enter a Custom Status and Custom Graphic for status 9 (Armed Maximum). Even if there is something already there, please click Save.

2.this is important: if you have already built an event using the * Disarm * trigger, you need to edit the event and reselect the correct trigger value and save the event.

that's it.

you should now see Armed Maximum in the condition and trigger list

let me know how this works for you
                        Attached Files
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Armed max trigger seems to work fine. Thanx

Comment

Armed max trigger seems to work fine. Thanx
                            great. would you mind trying the other system/partition triggers just to make sure they still work. There is also an arm-max condition if needed.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                            X