Keypad Function Keys to trigger HomeSeer Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad Function Keys to trigger HomeSeer Events

This past Saturday I had the joy of replacing my old 20SE with a 20P, including new keypad. Spent the day programming the system including flashing the AD2USB firmware to make it compatible now with the 20P... and everything works great!

Now... I can start playing. Has anyone figured out how to program the 20P Function Keys to trigger HomeSeer Events?
    The best I can come up with so far is to trigger on a message... which requires an exact match. (For instance, I currently have F4 programmed to display Time and Day, so a HomeSeer Trigger would only work once.

Please post a debug log snippet of the messages you are trying to use to trigger events from. Maybe there is some additional info in msg that would help
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hey Mark...

Not really having any errors. Just trying to figure out if there is a way I could program the 20p to send strings to HomeSeer to trigger events.

And the message event trigger currently looks for exact matches.

Comment

i was thinking if you were trying to get a btn press to trigger an event that maybe this info would show up in a detailed log (not looking for an error). And if so, I would add a built in trigger to support this. For instance do any unusual zones fault (95,96 for example)
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

That sounds like a plan. I should have it later tonight. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X