Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Definately Missing Something...- Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definately Missing Something...- Solved!

I have a Vista 15p and the AD2USB with firmware 2.1f.0d. Hooked everything up and configured vista 15p to work with the nutech software so I can control my security system from the software. Next step was download the trial of this plugin and go through the initial setup. Selected the model, entered my security code (assuming it was the code I enter before arming/disarming system, chime, etc.) and left all else default. Didn't do anything in Partitions or Add Zone. At this point the plugin created 6 or 7 devices and all are reporting a status (and correctly) except System Status. It is reporting Unknown; whereas, Last Panel Message is showing *****DISARMED**** Ready to Arm.

What am I missing?

Welcome. Please configure partition 1 and you should be all set
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

You can also use the add zone page to create hs devices so hs can track the individual zones
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Bam, that did it.

One more question. I can add zones but I didn't install the system and the installer left no mention as to what the zones are. Is there a way to see in programming what each zone is or is it just going to be trial and error with me opening a door and watching status?

Comment

you should be able to associate the zone with the sensor based on the msg you see on your panel. You will need to open/close each sensor to get it to generate a msg on the panel. The plugin does not do any of this for you.

zone 1 is probably associated with smoke detectors or the like if you have them connected to the alarm.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

OK, I have 6 six zones:

1. smoke detectors
            2. all doors
            3. master bedroom windows
            4. rest of 1st floor windows
            5. 2nd floor windows
            6. all motion detectors

Problem is that when I go to add a zone it starts at 3. So zone 1 and 2 can't be added. I thought that all zones were just shifted by 2, meaning that zone 3 selection in your plugin actually was zone 1 on my panel. No such luck. When I add the first available zone in your plugin which happens to be 3, it really is zone 3 from the panel (master bedroom windows).

So my question is how do I add zones 1 and 2?

I bet it is something I am missing once again.

Comment

Nevermind, I did a search and read a post that clued me in on setting the device codes for the partition and chime. Basically I set my partition dc as 1 and chime as 2. For whatever reason that didn't allow me to choose 1 or 2 for zones when adding a new zone. Changed partition dc to 20 and chime to 21. After that I was able to add zone 1 and zone 2.

This plugin is great and plan on buying sometime this week as well as getting someone out here to add some more zones so I know which window is open, which door is open and which motion detector is tripped.

Comment

Glad you figured it out. I guess i should encourage people to use Device Codes 90+ for partition and chime devices since they probably already have zone 1,2,3,4, etc.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X