New Vista 20P dead after 1 week - Solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Vista 20P dead after 1 week - Solved

Has anyone ever had an issue or heard of an issue with the AD2USB taking down a Vista 20P?
    My new system died after just a week and I'm covering all of the bases. Still haven't determined if the keypad is dead or the board itself. This is the second alarm system to go belly up within the last 2 weeks and the only commonality is the AD2USB.

Originally posted by franklnc View Post
    Has anyone ever had an issue or heard of an issue with the AD2USB taking down a Vista 20P?
    My new system died after just a week and I'm covering all of the bases. Still haven't determined if the keypad is dead or the board itself. This is the second alarm system to go belly up within the last 2 weeks and the only commonality is the AD2USB.
    If you have lost two panels or keypads in the last 2 weeks, I would say you have an electrical issue unrelated to the ad2usb. I would do a little research on nutech.com to see if there are any known issues. But if you suspect the ad2usb, then disconnect it. Also make sure you aren't overloading the panel with too many connected devices that suck/require power from the panel. The ad2usb draws very little power but maybe it pushing the limits with your other connected devices.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

AD2USB-S2 Installed

It took over month, but I think I finally found the reason for my alarm problems. You were right... it was an intermittent electrical short that was causing the problem (Power Side, Panic Switch). Apparently, the professional installers, 19 years ago, believed staples and electrical tape was the way to go in the attic.

Anyway, I now have a completely re-wired alarm system and I've included the new AD2USB-S2. (Firmware V2.2a.2) Looking forward to the upcoming functionality of the plug-in.

FYI for those looking to update to AD2USB-S2, remember to change the USB Serial Port baud rate to 115200.

Comment

Working...
      X