Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who armed/disarmed the ademco vista system feature coming soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who armed/disarmed the ademco vista system feature coming soon!

All,

The latest ad2usb v2.2 (with the mini usb-b) now has the capability to identify the user who armed or disarmed the system. I know many of you have been asking for this feature.

so here is the question, how would you like to see this feature integrated into the plugin? Would a single hs device that tracks the last user to change the alarm status do the trick?

suggestions and feedback welcome
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Yes.. I believe your idea of a single device would do the trick.

Unfortunately.. i have one of the original AD2USB's... so i think i'll have to pony up for a new one...

How i think i could use this...
    If wife disarms... play special message..
    When anyone disarms... speak that the alarm was armed by xxxxx (Set up a script to Have hs store a 2x stack of the value in the device)
    If i disarm... list items on a "Todo" list that the wife left for me...

I'll just have to figure out how to assign each of us a separate code number... i figure it can't be too difficult. (Vista 20P)

Thanks for your work on this.
    Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Andrew,

I should mention the additional requirements (other than the v2.2 board) in order to get the user information...

1. enable the Long Range Radio feature on the panel (field *29)
      2. enable various Reports like field *65 & *66.

then we get additional msgs from the ad2usb like the following

!LRR:002,ARM_STAY,...00100000

user #2 armed the system

!LRR:002,DISARM,...

user #2 disarmed the system
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hello,
        Was this ever implemented? I downloaded the current Uploader version which is 1.2.0.0
        I have the v2 serial ad2USB running firmware version V2.2a.3-beta2. Do I need to install the beta? How about the Frimware?

1/21/2012 4:37:15 PM - Vista Alarm - Found the AD2USB on COM port 5 running firmware version V2.2a.3-beta2

Thank!
        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
        BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
          Hello,
          Was this ever implemented? I downloaded the current Uploader version which is 1.2.0.0
          I have the v2 serial ad2USB running firmware version V2.2a.3-beta2. Do I need to install the beta? How about the Frimware?

1/21/2012 4:37:15 PM - Vista Alarm - Found the AD2USB on COM port 5 running firmware version V2.2a.3-beta2

Thank!
          I started on it, but ran into a few issues, but if you're game, we might be able to work them out.

you will need the latest ad2usb v2 firmware that supports the LRR emulation and enable the LRR feature on your panel. If you can get this setup on your end that would be a great start.

I'll need to post a build so you can see the LRR msgs.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks for the prompt update. I am currently working on some other projects and need to keep everything stable for now, so will hold off.

I think that this would be a cool feature so I will let you know when I can beta.
            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
            BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
              Thanks for the prompt update. I am currently working on some other projects and need to keep everything stable for now, so will hold off.

I think that this would be a cool feature so I will let you know when I can beta.
              in the meantime, do you have any thoughts on how you would want to use this information?

as a trigger? just displayed on the status page?

thanks
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thoughts for use cases on "who armed the alarm":

1.) My latchkey kids disarmed the alarm, they must be home. Send me email.
                2.) The catsitter armed/disarmed the alarm while I'm on vacation. Send me email.
                3.) Display it in HSTouch (who did what when ideally. I.e. "alarm _disarmed_ by _susan_ _3 hours ago_)

That's all I've got.

Comment

I would use it for two functions:

1) Status updates
                  2) Triggers, I would use different codes to set different triggers
                  For example, code XYZ would arm and shut everything down
                  code ABC would just arm.
                  DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Guys,
                    I posted a beta version with this feature if anyone is willing to try it.

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=153183
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,

I will give it a shot this week-end. Was going to upgrade the AD2USB anyway to allow me to see movement when the alarm is armed in stay mode. Will drop a note on how it goes.

Chris

Comment

Mark,

Ran into an issue with upgrading the firmware using the Firmware page for the plugin. Readers Digest is that the USB comm port (in my case #4) was hung until a hard reboot of the server. Here is the revelent log portion of from HS.

3/10/2012 4:00:51 PM ~!~Vista Alarm~!~Sending Chime Mode command to alarm
                        3/10/2012 4:02:26 PM ~!~Device Control~!~Device: Movement Family Room Occupied (V2) OFF
                        3/10/2012 4:12:22 PM ~!~Vista Alarm~!~Monitor terminated...
                        3/10/2012 4:12:26 PM ~!~Vista Alarm~!~Starting firmware upload routine...
                        3/10/2012 4:12:26 PM ~!~Vista Alarm~!~
                        3/10/2012 4:12:38 PM ~!~Vista Alarm~!~Starting firmware upload routine...
                        3/10/2012 4:12:39 PM ~!~Vista Alarm~!~

The Firmware page noted that an update was in progress then refreshed with only headers.

Log entries from reboot of HS:

3/10/2012 7:17:25 PM ~!~SqueezeBox Info~!~SqueezeCenter Player Count: 3
                        3/10/2012 7:17:28 PM ~!~Vista Alarm~!~Found the AD2USB on COM port 4 running firmware version V2.2a.3
                        3/10/2012 7:17:28 PM ~!~Vista Alarm~!~Monitor started...
                        3/10/2012 7:17:28 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in Vista Alarm

This looked ok from a log perspective, but no communication in either direction was seen.

I could not open the port with any tools including Putty (with HS down) until after the hardware reboot.

Here is some additional information that may assist (I am available all day tomorrow to play if you would like more):

My FTDI drive version is 2.08.14

Current Date/Time: 3/10/2012 7:47:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
                        HomeSeer Version: Professional Edition 2.5.0.49
                        HomeSeer: Is Registered
                        HomeSeer Localization: English (United States)
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise - Work Station
                        OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack: 1.0
                        System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 13 Minutes 48 Seconds
                        User Name and Access Level: chris (Admin)
                        LAN IP Address: 192.168.1.96 (Homeseer)
                        Client IP Address: 192.168.1.97 (KitchenPC.gateway.2wire.net)
                        External IP Address: XXXX
                        Network Adapter: HomeSeer Adapter -> Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller IP: 192.168.1.96/24 MAC: 00:27:19:F8:49:16
                        Network Adapter: HomeSeer Adapter -> Loopback Address (localhost) IP: 127.0.0.1
                        Web Server Port: 81
                        Number of Devices: 348
                        Connected Speaker Clients: HOMESEER (127.0.0.1) DEFAULT, KITCHENPC (192.168.1.97) DEFAULT
                        Plug-Ins Enabled: HSTouch Server, HSTouch iPhone, HSTouch Server Unlimited, SqueezeBox,
                        HSTouch Android, Vista Alarm, ZWave Thermostats, Skype Connector,
                        mcsTemperature, RFXCOM, UltraSMTP, InControl_WP7,
                        IM Connector
                        Processor Type and Speed: Intel64 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 5 at 2.79 GHz
                        Modules/Threads: 203 Modules, 72 Threads
                        System Processes/Load: 74 Processes, 5% Load
                        Free / Total Physical Memory: 683.79 MBytes / 1.97 GBytes (34% free)
                        Free / Total Virtual Memory: 2.11 GBytes / 3.93 GBytes (54% free)
                        HomeSeer Memory Used: 154 Mbytes
                        COM Plug-In Memory Used: 1 COM EXE Plug-In using 14 Mbytes
                        6 Mbytes for HS_Compatibility.

My signature line refers to a Dell 160... I am using a Dell 320 just now.

Please let me know what Else I can do to assist. I am more then willing to recreate this again looking for anything that you like.

Chris

Comment

Chris,
                          what plugin version did you use to upgrade the fw?
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Chris,
                            if you are trying the new plugin 1.2.7.1, please post comments and replies under that thread. this will help me keep track of what you are doing
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                            X