Power Failure disconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Failure disconnect

We had a brutal storm roll through last night that caused a temporary electrical outage. Once the electricity came back, the plug-in was no longer in communication with the AD2USB-S2. (the computer is on battery backup and did not go down.) Also, I was able to Putty into the AD2USB-S2 and verified communication... which brings us to today's questions.

1) Any idea why this failed?
    2) The AC Power Loss device didn't change status. Did I miss a configuration step? (I'm guessing the Low Battery and Telco fall under the same missed steps.) Am I suppose to enable reporting on the 20p for these?

Thanks.

Originally posted by franklnc View Post
    We had a brutal storm roll through last night that caused a temporary electrical outage. Once the electricity came back, the plug-in was no longer in communication with the AD2USB-S2. (the computer is on battery backup and did not go down.) Also, I was able to Putty into the AD2USB-S2 and verified communication... which brings us to today's questions.

1) Any idea why this failed?
    2) The AC Power Loss device didn't change status. Did I miss a configuration step? (I'm guessing the Low Battery and Telco fall under the same missed steps.) Am I suppose to enable reporting on the 20p for these?

Thanks.
    1. not really, somehow the com port was closed and the plugin didn't notice. did you get any errors in the hs log regarding the plugin?

2. you don't need to enable reporting. you can test the low bat by unplugging the ac adapter for the panel. the low bat should go On in a few seconds. the telco is the same; unplug the phone line and the hs device should go On.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

btw, what version are you running?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        btw, what version are you running?
        Plug-in version is 1.2.0.0
        AD2USB V2.2a.2

Comment

any errors in the log?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
          X