VB error after HS upgrade to .44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VB error after HS upgrade to .44

I just upgraded HS2 to the latest version (ends in .44). I now get errors on start up and the Ademco interface does not work. Some of my sensors dont load either.
    I get this in the log

Error: System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Short' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToShort(S tring Value) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToShort(S tring Value) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToShort(O bject Value) at HSPI_VISTAALARM.VistaAlarm.ZonesCollection.GetZoneDevices() [1.2.0.0]

When I look at the zones that dont load they have no partition set and the drop down to selct the zone is empty (and very skinny).
    Any ideas?

Dot Net

The other thing that changed was version 4 of dot net was installed.

Comment

let me upgrade my dev HS and see what i get?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

was the .net 4.0 framework required for HS .44 upgrade? I don't see this in the HS release notes.

if .net 4.0 wasn't required by hs, did you install it to support something else?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

dot net 4

I installed the plug in for the iTach ir interface and it required both the upgrade and the dot net 4. I removed the iTach thing since I dont need it any more.
          In theory I could downgrade or remove net 4?
          Thanks for the quick support.

Comment

I upgraded to .44 and the plugin started just fine. Would you mind uninstalling .net 4.0 and see if that fixes the problem.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Un-installing now

Comment

No luck, still has the issue. The partition option on the zones is missing I and think this is causing the issue.
                Is there a way to get a screen grab to you?

Comment

Or is there a way to manualy edit the devices?

Comment

Here is what the simple start up log says.
                    11/5/2011 5:09:24 PM - Vista Alarm - Error adding zone 13 to Zones collection
                    11/5/2011 5:09:24 PM - Vista Alarm - Error: System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Short' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToShort(S tring Value) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToShort(S tring Value) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToShort(O bject Value) at HSPI_VISTAALARM.VistaAlarm.ZonesCollection.GetZoneDevices() [1.2.0.0]
                    11/5/2011 5:09:24 PM - Vista Alarm - Error adding zone 11 to Zones collection
                    11/5/2011 5:09:24 PM - Vista Alarm - Error: System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Short' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToShort(S tring Value) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToShort(S tring Value) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToShort(O bject Value) at HSPI_VISTAALARM.VistaAlarm.ZonesCollection.GetZoneDevices() [1.2.0.0]
                    11/5/2011 5:09:24 PM - Vista Alarm - Error adding zone 10 to Zones collection
                    11/5/2011 5:09:24 PM - Vista Alarm - Error adding zone 9 to Zones collection

Comment

I believe you have to open a device and save it then the partition gets deleted and is empty so the next time it loads there is a conversion from nothing error.

Comment

something messed up your vista alarm hs devices. can you post a screen shot of the Additional Information from the hs status page of zone 9 device. i need to see something like the following from your device
                        Attached Files
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

please also post shots from your Partition devices like the following
                          Attached Files
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

How do I post a screen shot like you just did?

Comment

I dont have a partion 1 status page?

Comment

Working...
                              X