Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything special I need to know about this panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything special I need to know about this panel?

I had an alarm system service for a few years and then dropped it when I was laid off. All of the hardware is still here and I am looking to reactivate it. It looks like its compatible with this plugin, but I'm not sure. Is anyone able to ID the model based on these pics? The text on the diagram says: 20P / 20PSIA Series and 15P Series

My desire is to get the nutech box integrated with the plugin

Paul
    Attached Files
    Paul

Paul, welcome to my other plugin forum.

yes, this panel appears to be either a 20p or 15p which are both compatible with the ad2usb and this plugin. Make sure you buy the latest ad2usb v2.2 board with the micro-usb connection.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks!

This sheet indicates that they are pretty much the same, just a matter of how many zones can be wired up. Since its installed already and "is what it is", looks like I don't need to sweat this part. I have a little more convincing in the WAF department. The other difference is partitions. My set up is fairly small and simple and I don't think that will change, meaning I want to integrate with what exists Admeco wise, not change enhance it.

Paul
      Paul

Comment

the 15p only supports 1 partition. the 20p has a few extra.

once you get the installation guide for the 15p/20p you should be able to figure out exactly which one you have based on the programming fields.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I'm getting closer to getting the nutech and the plugin. One more question:

My panel was installed by the orginal company who I don't contract with anymore and I don't know the master PIN. Can I overwrite that and take control of the panel with this plugin, or do I need other software?

Paul
          Paul

Comment

Sorry, the plugin does not support panel programming of any kind. I believe Nutech does have a separate app for determining the installer code. Have you tried some of the defaults installer codes: 4112, 6321
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              Sorry, the plugin does not support panel programming of any kind. I believe Nutech does have a separate app for determining the installer code. Have you tried some of the defaults installer codes: 4112, 6321
              Nope, I will give that a try. Thanks
              Paul

Comment

Mark,

Another question: I found a way to get my Vista to reveal its installer code. Is that the code the plugin wants?

I'm still working on exactly which model I have. I'm going to tackle that one tonight.

Paul
                Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
                  Mark,

Another question: I found a way to get my Vista to reveal its installer code. Is that the code the plugin wants?

I'm still working on exactly which model I have. I'm going to tackle that one tonight.

Paul
                  the plugin needs a master code or a user code that can arm and disarm, etc.

the installer code is not what you want to use
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                    Paul, welcome to my other plugin forum.

yes, this panel appears to be either a 20p or 15p which are both compatible with the ad2usb and this plugin. Make sure you buy the latest ad2usb v2.2 board with the micro-usb connection.
                    Any chance of it working with a Vista 10 Ademco?

Rob
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                      Any chance of it working with a Vista 10 Ademco?

Rob
                      Rob,
                      yes the ad2usb&plugin work with the vista 10
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Great... while I'm totally new to this, what is a ad2usb v2.2 board with the micro-usb connection?
                        How does it interface?

Robert
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Robert,
                          Yes its a micro usb on the Ad2Usb to a normal usb client connector for the pc. The PC sees a serial port which you set in the interface/plugin setup

There are 4 wires to run from the ad2usb to the panel. The way i think of it is that the alarm system views this setup as another alarm system keypad. The plugin lets you monitor alarms and respond with HS or arm / disable the alarm system (and more)

Paul
                          Paul

Comment

So can I see what zones have been triggered? i.e door open etc...

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                              So can I see what zones have been triggered? i.e door open etc...
                              Yes, you will be able to create a hs device for each zone (door, motion sensor, panic btn, etc) and the plugin will track the status (faulted, closed, bypass, low battery, check) of each. You can then create hs events to trigger on any zone status change, arm status, etc.

If you search the forum, I sure you can find another vista 10 user. The other place to check is the nutech.com forum.

you won't be disappointed
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X