Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything special I need to know about this panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by langenet View Post
    Thanks Mark. Works perfectly.... Now it's time to explore!!!

Rob
    Good deal Rob.

I wish we has tried running hs as an app to see if you got the same license error. I haven't seen anyone else have this license issue in a long time. But as you know its been a known issue running hs as a service. not sure why my plugin would be any different then the others
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Well I'm not sure. My HS install was redone in September on my new server as per the moving HS instructions. Come to think of it, when I installed HS touch, I don't believe a saw a trial as I purchased it right away...

Do I need to configure partition 1? When I did, I now get a sytem status, then a partition1 status. Can I just delete partitions/zones if I want to change the config? Turning on/off the chime didn't work until I configure partiton 1. What is the purpose of bypass???

Thanks

Rob
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Do I need to configure partition 1? When I did, I now get a sytem status, then a partition1 status. Can I just delete partitions/zones if I want to change the config? Turning on/off the chime didn't work until I configure partiton 1. What is the purpose of bypass???

Thanks

Rob
        yes, config partition 1. use the partition config page to enable and disable(delete) partition devices. I wouldn't delete partition devices from the hs status page.

you may delete and recreate zones as necessary. remember to make the unitcode/device number match the zone number.

Bypass is a feature of the panel that the plugin supports. if a zone is open, you can bypass it so that you can still arm the system.

hope this helps
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

My partition page only has save partions button... no delete?
          I'm on a Vista 10... My ad2usb is set for 31 as these panels only have one address associated with the keypad apparently..

So I have a link and all the buttons for system status and partition 1 status..
          I can't see how to get rid of one or the other. I just marked one as hidden for now.
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

My partition page only has save partions button... no delete?
            I'm on a Vista 10... My ad2usb is set for 31 as these panels only have one address associated with the keypad apparently..

So I have a link and all the buttons for system status and partition 1 status..
            I can't see how to get rid of one or the other. I just marked one as hidden for now.
            yes, for a single partition system you will get two hs devices that look similar: a partition 1 device and a system status device. you may hide the partition 1 device. but both are required for the plugin to work correctly.

I have a 20se which uses addr 31 as well. you shouldn't have any problems there.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thank you Mark for all your help and patience. I think I've got a handle on it. Tested zone tiggers and they work great!

Just a minor issue... when I click on chime on or off or arm/disarm, the device status doesn't refresh automatically on the status page as say a light. I need to refresh the page... Is there something that can be done for this?

I will purchase this plugin!! Love it...

Rob

Comment

Thank you Mark for all your help and patience. I think I've got a handle on it. Tested zone tiggers and they work great!

I will purchase this plugin!! Love it...

Rob
                You're welcome & enjoy!
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Just a minor issue... when I click on chime on or off or arm/disarm, the device status doesn't refresh automatically on the status page as say a light. I need to refresh the page... Is there something that can be done for this or rather is this normal?
                  Sorry I snuck this edit in - not sure if you saw it...

Rob

Comment

Sorry I snuck this edit in - not sure if you saw it...

Rob
                    this behavior is normal...

the plugin processes these transactions in two parts:
                    1 send the cmd, and then
                    2 update the hs devices once it actually receives a msg.

So the hs status device doesn't get updated until the panel actually responds
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Sorry Mark. I'm not seeing this. I armed/disarmed and waited some time to see if the status updated... nothing happened.

I'm curious if it's just me...

Rob

Comment

Sorry Mark. I'm not seeing this. I armed/disarmed and waited some time to see if the status updated... nothing happened.

I'm curious if it's just me...

Rob
                        Make sure you have a panel code entered on the partition page. If so, verify that you can arm directly from putty using the normal arming sequence.

If that still doesnt work please post a hs log with the plugin debug enabled so I can see the panel msgs.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I can operate the panel correctly with your plugin - arm/disarm, set the chime etc... it's just that when I do, the status doesn't update. I can here the chime turn on at home for example when I turn it on or off, but need to issue a page refresh to see the status change. Conversly, if I turn a lamp on or off, the page updates accordingly.

Rob

Comment

Mark,

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I can operate the panel correctly with your plugin - arm/disarm, set the chime etc... it's just that when I do, the status doesn't update. I can here the chime turn on at home for example when I turn it on or off, but need to issue a page refresh to see the status change. Conversly, if I turn a lamp on or off, the page updates accordingly.

Rob
                            I see. yes, this is by design as I mentioned. I page refresh is going to be required.

I didn't want to assume the panel status changed correctly, and thus I should update the hs device immediately. The plugin waits for a panel msg before updating any of the hs devices since the panel can take several secs to respond. if i updated the hs devices immediately (without acknowledgement from the panel), this could falsely trigger events.

I don't think this will be an issue once you automate your panel (set-it and forget-it)

I hope this explanation makes sense.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Makes sense Mark.

Thank you

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X