Script to Arm Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script to Arm Panel

I feel real silly posting this because this seems like it should be simple, but when I try to use the sample script to arm my panel:

Imports HSPI_VISTAALARM

Sub main()
    Dim VA As HSPI
    VA = hs.Plugin("Vista Alarm")
    VA.ArmAway()
    End Sub

I get a error that "expected end of statement in line 4". I'm missing something real simple, I'm sure...running version 1.2.5 of the plugin if it makes a difference. What am I doing wrong.

You can't "dim X as" in a vb script try
    dim VA
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for your help.

When I try that I get "type mismatch: Imports".

Comment

I don't think for a plugin you need to import, in fact you might be able to get away with a single line in the script (slightly bad coding as I think you are meant to check if the plugin exists firsts, worst case you just get an error). Imports I understand are for bringing in DLL's that are outside of the normal HS base (that you reference in the settings.ini file).

Sub main()
        hs.Plugin("Vista Alarm").ArmAway()
        End Sub

Comment

That doesn't seem to work either.

Comment

is there an error in the HS log file?

Comment

It says "Parameter Count mismatch"

Comment

Originally posted by doublek View Post
                I feel real silly posting this because this seems like it should be simple, but when I try to use the sample script to arm my panel:

Imports HSPI_VISTAALARM

Sub main()
                Dim VA As HSPI
                VA = hs.Plugin("Vista Alarm")
                VA.ArmAway()
                End Sub

I get a error that "expected end of statement in line 4". I'm missing something real simple, I'm sure...running version 1.2.5 of the plugin if it makes a difference. What am I doing wrong.
                the original script a vb.net.

you must name the script file with a .vb extension, for example myscript.vb

then you can exec it with the following call

hs.runex "myscript.vb", "main", ""

this should work.

but as Rupp suggested, a call like the following works as well
                hs.Plugin("Vista Alarm").chimemode
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Went with Rupp's way...hs.Plugin("Vista Alarm").ArmAway did the trick.

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Ah, it's a .net script so you must use
                    Sub Main(parm as object)
                    and name it with a .vb extension
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

[code]

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Dubz View Post
                        [code]
                        I think I would add a new triggered, called "Disarming Initiated" which would fire when you send the [code]+1 cmd. Otherwise I don't know how you would capture the event.

Or maybe we need a "Burgular Alarm cleared" trigger that would fire after the disarm commands are received.

do you think that either would help?

I don't know how we would do this in a script
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
                        X