Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New user: looking for input about Ademco Vista and HomeSeer

Hey guys,

I'm looking to install a security system to a house that I'm renovating and initially I was pretty set on getting a DSC based system, due to the many recommendations from this forum.... well at least they show up tops on google.

But due to DSC limitations (that multiplexed and wireless devices must share the first 32 zones) and also that my current count already nears DSC's PC1864 maximum zone: my last count was 57 of the total 64 zones max, I'm looking to get an Ademco system instead.

So, I'd really appreciate it if I can get some answers, comments or opinions about the following questions:

- How well does your Vista work with Mark's HomeSeer plugin? Any complaints at all?
    - Are there any 128BP/E users here? Any issues found so far?
    - Any particular recommendation on where to buy the Vista + modules?
    - Is there any significant difference between 50p and 128bpe, other than the number of zones?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by LeoS; January 28, 2012, 11:36 AM.
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

I have the Ademco Vista 20p with the plugin and an AD2USB on Address 20 on my panel. I can say that it does more than I had ever expected. Since it's a virtual keypad, it can send "button presses" like a normal keypad, or you can have the plugin do it all automatically with an event.

When creating an event, triggers and actions have their own "Vista Alarm Panel Trigger" or "Vista Alarm Panel Action" so you can have events trigger when certain zones are Faulted or Normal, etc.

So far, I've had not one problem with the plugin. And as far as HSTouch goes, I found a picture of my wall keypad online, and put transparent buttons over each number, so when you tap on the security tab on any of the touchscreens in the house, you have a virtual keypad identical to all the physical keypads in the house as well. (Raises the WAF and MotherAF in my case (I'm only 16...))

Anyway, I have no complaints about the plugin or the AD2USB so far.

I cannot, however, answer any of your other questions, as I don't have any other panels or modules to test.

Let me know if you have any questions for me, though.

Comment

Thanks a lot for sharing that, I've finally pulled the trigger and gotten myself a Vista 128BPE to join the club

I hope I'm not getting in over my head with setting up the Vista!
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

Well, from what I've seen, you would need to read the manual about 30 times to learn how to set it up!

Truly, even with the installer code, I had to have my alarm company send someone just to activate the AD2USB as a new keypad. Not that I couldn't figure it out if I was careful, but I was worried about accidentally sending a silent panic to the monitoring service.

Comment

Well that's just 29.5 times more to go for me then!

Comment

Haha I wish you the best of luck.

If you need help, you can ask here or I believe there is some Ademco Vista forum as well on the internet.

Comment

Working...
            X