Is this possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this possible?

i have surveillance cameras in my home that are running on the open-source DVR software called iSpy

well, it runs on the same machine as HS, and has the ability to add a text overlay that updates from a text file

my question is: is it possible to have alarm status update from homeseer into a text file?

Unrelated question - what is the CPU usage like with iSpy? I use BlueIris with 5 IP cams and the CPU usage is a little over 50% on a pretty beefy (non-HS) server. I do quite a bit with motion detection and that adds a lot of overhead.
    Last edited by Rupp; May 11, 2012, 01:24 PM.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      i have surveillance cameras in my home that are running on the open-source DVR software called iSpy

well, it runs on the same machine as HS, and has the ability to add a text overlay that updates from a text file

my question is: is it possible to have alarm status update from homeseer into a text file?
      Sure, setup an event that is triggered on your alarm status change and add a script to the event that creates a text file.

Put this in a vb.net script file

Sub Main(ByVal parm As Object)

Dim oSW As StreamWriter
      oSW = File.AppendText("test.txt")
      oSW.WriteLine(hs.devicestring("a1"))
      oSW.Close()
      oSW = Nothing

end sub
      Last edited by Rupp; May 11, 2012, 01:24 PM.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp - why the edit on my post above?
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          Rupp - why the edit on my post above?
          Sorry about that. I was editing my post on my table and thought I was editing my thread.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X