Installation of AD2Serial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation of AD2Serial

I haven't installed my ad2serial device yet. However, in preparation for the installation I tried to have my monitoring company (ADT) add a keypad address 18. The lady may or may not have had known what she was talking about but she said it couldn't be done over the phone and that a person would have to come out to the house to do it. It's gonna cost me $140.
    I tried doing it myself but I think my keypad is locked. I put the installation code in then "8" then "00" and I get a long beep (from what I have read that means that my keypad is locked and I can't add an address without resetting the entire system). Rather than do that I might pay to have them come out. Is this the right answer? Does anyone know?

i would suggest checking on diyalarmforum.com
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      i would suggest checking on diyalarmforum.com
      Thanks. Just posted there. That video for nutech was misleading as it seems ADT can't do what it infers. However, so is ADT for not allowing me to get into programming mode for devices I own.

Comment

i believe the default installer code for a 20p is 4112...give it a try
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

thanks but I actually had the installer code right. I posted on that forum and someone suggested I shut down another partition as it may be armed. I didn't even know I had another partition! Anyway, once I did that I could get into programming mode. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
            thanks but I actually had the installer code right. I posted on that forum and someone suggested I shut down another partition as it may be armed. I didn't even know I had another partition! Anyway, once I did that I could get into programming mode. Thanks again.
            Sorry but what does "another partition" refer too. Another keypad?? Based on the pics of your system, it had put up you had a keypad, wireless unit, and control board right. thanks
            Tom
            baby steps...starting again with HS3
            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

I do have another question though. When installing this thing I am turning off all the power to the panel. Won't that wipe out all memory of my zones, configurations, etc...?

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                Sorry but what does "another partition" refer too. Another keypad?? Based on the pics of your system, it had put up you had a keypad, wireless unit, and control board right. thanks
                That's all I have. I had to hit my master code + * + 2 and then disarm it. That's why I don't understand why I even have another partition and why it was armed?

Comment

no need to power down the panel, just wire it according to the nutech documentation

no, you won't lose the panel settings when power is lost
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Perfect, thanks. Looking forward to installing this thing once I get it...

Comment

So how did you turn of your "partition". Reason I ask is I have no idea what a partition is with respect to the panel.

If you turn off the all power to the panel, it wont erase your programming setting. I believe it programs it into the chip. I once had the Vista 20p off for a year and then got around to finally installing the other sensors, etc,...Everything was as before. So you should have no problem.
                      I did all the research about panel and ad2usb, but still haven't had the time to fully install it yet. I'm doing a complete revamp of my system, adding smokes in every room(including shed), PIR sensors everywhere, etc. Let us know how it works out.
                      Tom

Comment

Also there are cheaper alternatives to adt($29-39 right??_

alarm relay $12-$15/mo

http://www.smarthome.com/alarm.html?src=WLS00W00 $9/mo

www.geoarm.com cost? but cheaper than adt

alarm.com Cost? but cheaper than adt

alarm relay helps you set up your system right over the phone programing in their 800 number etc. Very easy to use.
                        Tom

Comment

ok just read your response about partition. Ignore my question.
                          Tom

Comment

guys,

the 20p has two partitions by default. it allows you to divide your house into two sections. For example, maybe a separate section for the basement, or an over the garage apartment.

you just assign zones to partition 1 or 2 as you program them. part 1 is the default. also when you activate a keypad you have to assign it to a partition as well.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Didn't know you could have it separated out like that. Nice! thanks Mark.
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X