Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS2: Vista Alarm Plug-in Version 1.2.12 (Beta) that solves the usb disconnect issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2: Vista Alarm Plug-in Version 1.2.12 (Beta) that solves the usb disconnect issue

A few changes in this version from v1.2.10:

- Restored standard com port access for the AD2Serial board
    - Added custom values/graphics to RF Devices
    - Defaulted the port disconnect checking to 1 minute, you can increase this if you are getting false disconnects (during programming mode, for example). See the PortPollInterval setting below:
    - Fixed Arm Maximum event action (1.2.14.1)
    - Fixed error when clearing zones (1.2.14.1)

If you are using an AD2USB and having disconnect issues, please do the following before starting HS:

1. Add the following bolded entry to the vistaalarm.ini

[AD2USB]
    InterfaceType=USB

Add this setting if you are getting false disconnects. 1 (min) is default. Increase as necessary.

[General]
    PortPollInterval=2

2. Installation

Installation for existing users:
    - shutdown HS
    - Back up your current HS folder
    - You must copy both dll files from the zip into your homeseer folder even if you are only using an AD2Serial otherwise you will get errors on startup.
    - Restart HS

Installation for new users:
    - Install the current version in the Updater and then follow the above installation

3. Create an event to notify you of a disconnect using the Vista Alarm Interface Trigger Disconnected option. this way you will know when the plugin tries to recover the usb port.

Please report your finders, and perferably post a debug log
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; December 29, 2013, 09:46 AM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Upgraded to Vista Alarm Plug-in ver. 1.2.12 (Beta) and everything is working perfectly. Custom values/graphics to RF Devices is a nice add.

Although my AD2USB ver2.2 has never had USB false disconnect issues (except when entering Vista 20P panel programing) In the vistaalarm.ini I have set the PortPollInterval=2 which works perfectly ensuring no false USB disconnects but still ensures plug-in recovery just in case it does happen someday.

Still need to test the "Who armed/disarmed" feature when I get a chance.

But overall everything looks great Mark.

Thanks
    Jim

Comment

Jim,
      thanks for the feedback. did you add the InterfaceType=USB setting?

the recovery logic will be ignored unless you set this in the ini
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        Jim,
        thanks for the feedback. did you add the InterfaceType=USB setting?

the recovery logic will be ignored unless you set this in the ini
        Yes I did add the following to the vistaalarm.ini file:

[AD2USB]
        InterfaceType=USB

Your directions in post #1 were consise and easy to follow.

Thanks again.

Jim
        Last edited by jkarney; August 6, 2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

A few changes in this version from v1.2.10:

- Restored standard com port access for the AD2Serial board
          - Added custom values/graphics to RF Devices
          - Defaulted the port disconnect checking to 1 minute, you can increase this if you are getting false disconnects (during programming mode, for example). See the PortPollInterval setting below:

If you are using an AD2USB and having disconnect issues, please do the following before starting HS:

Add the following bolded entry to the vistaalarm.ini

[AD2USB]
          InterfaceType=USB

Add this setting if you are getting false disconnects. 1 (min) is default. Increase as necessary.

[General]
          PortPollInterval=2

Installation for existing users:
          - shutdown HS
          - Back up your current HS folder
          - You must copy both dll files from the zip into your homeseer folder even if you are only using an AD2Serial otherwise you will get errors on startup.
          - Restart HS

Installation for new users:
          - Install the current version in the Updater and then follow the above installation

Please report your finders, and perferably post a debug log
          Works great, thanks!

Comment

Has anyone else tried this version and have feedback to share?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by jkarney View Post
              Yes I did add the following to the vistaalarm.ini file:

[AD2USB]
              InterfaceType=USB

Your directions in post #1 were consise and easy to follow.

Thanks again.

Jim
              Jim,
              did you ever encounter a disconnect and reconnect by the plugin?
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Jim,
                did you ever encounter a disconnect and reconnect by the plugin?
                Hey Mark,
                I have not had any disconnects of the plug-in since my last post. Everything is working perfectly.

It's that time of year so hopefully I will get the time to test out the "Who armed" Who disarmed" feature of the plug-in version 1.2.12.0.

Other than that your plug-in is working great.

Jim

Comment

Hey Mark,
                  I have not had any disconnects of the plug-in since my last post. Everything is working perfectly.

It's that time of year so hopefully I will get the time to test out the "Who armed" Who disarmed" feature of the plug-in version 1.2.12.0.

Other than that your plug-in is working great.

Jim
                  Jim,
                  thanks for the feedback. I guess your usb connection is not at risk so to speak.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Jim,
                    thanks for the feedback. I guess your usb connection is not at risk so to speak.
                    My usb connection is on the HT2 and the cable is only 3" long. Maybe that why it's not a problem.

Not really sure but its working so good I forget its there.

I have not visited the updater for so long is Vista Alarm Plug-in Version 1.2.12 (Beta) going to a final release soon. Just curious.

Jim

Comment

My usb connection is on the HT2 and the cable is only 3" long. Maybe that why it's not a problem.

Not really sure but its working so good I forget its there.

I have not visited the updater for so long is Vista Alarm Plug-in Version 1.2.12 (Beta) going to a final release soon. Just curious.

Jim
                      I was hoping to get some more input on this version, but from what i've seen it is resolving the usb disconnect for those that experience it.

I'll probably make this the release version just before i start on the HS3 version.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Vista Alarm Plug-in Version 1.2.12 (Beta)

HI,

I just upgraded yesterday to ver. 1.2.12 and noticed that the System Action: Arm Maximum in my event now sends an Arm Stay command (Sending [code]+3) instead of [code]+4.
                        The button on the status page properly sends the [code]+4.

Thanks,
                        Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Nan0Tr3k View Post
                          HI,

I just upgraded yesterday to ver. 1.2.12 and noticed that the System Action: Arm Maximum in my event now sends an Arm Stay command (Sending [code]+3) instead of [code]+4.

Thanks,
                          Eric
                          Eric,
                          I think i found the issue. I'll post an update later today for you to try

thanks for the feedback
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by Nan0Tr3k View Post
                            HI,

Thanks,
                            Eric
                            I posted 1.2.14.1 at the top of the thread. please try and report back
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I posted 1.2.14.1 at the top of the thread. please try and report back
                              Thanks Mark. I am installing it now and will report shortly.

Comment

Working...
                              X