Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plug-in with serial version of Nutech board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-in with serial version of Nutech board?

Does this plug also work with the Nutech serial version of the board as well?

http://www.nutech.com/online-store/1635.html
    Last edited by ; September 17, 2012, 01:33 PM.

Yes it does.

I would start with v1.2 from the updater. This will install all the necessary files then move to a beta in the forum if you want
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Very Good! I have a spare serial port.

I have been waiting a long time for a way to tie my Ademco panel to Homeseer. Will be ordering the Nutech part tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by sponnath View Post
        Very Good! I have a spare serial port.

I have been waiting a long time for a way to tie my Ademco panel to Homeseer. Will be ordering the Nutech part tonight.
        I'm curious if you just heard about the nutech ad2usb/ademco plugin
        or
        if this was just a low priority on your HA list?

ie why the long wait?

just trying to figure out if i need to increase/improve the marketing
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I had never heard about the AD2USB interface.

I have an Ademco 4140XMP panel. It's apparently the predecessor to the Vista 40 panel in terms of features. I kinda gave up looking for panel interfaces for Homeseer.

Then I was looking to add a new keypad to my system. I was researching which panels work with a 4140XMP. I found a 6139 and that works. Somewhere in that research I stumbled on Nutech.

Then I discovered that there was a plugin in my own Homeseer for it! That was quite a surprise.

So, no I had not seen that there was a Homeseer interface. But, since I had stopped updating my Homeseer as I hadn't decided what to do about Doomotion, I haven't been active over there. I have been Homeseer from the very beginning, back when I would call Rich directly and work out new features.

Steve

Comment

I had never heard about the AD2USB interface.

I have an Ademco 4140XMP panel. It's apparently the predecessor to the Vista 40 panel in terms of features. I kinda gave up looking for panel interfaces for Homeseer.

Then I was looking to add a new keypad to my system. I was researching which panels work with a 4140XMP. I found a 6139 and that works. Somewhere in that research I stumbled on Nutech.

Then I discovered that there was a plugin in my own Homeseer for it! That was quite a surprise.

So, no I had not seen that there was a Homeseer interface. But, since I had stopped updating my Homeseer as I hadn't decided what to do about Doomotion, I haven't been active over there. I have been Homeseer from the very beginning, back when I would call Rich directly and work out new features.

Steve
            Steve,
            thanks for the feedback. I try to get HST (ie rich) to include the ad2usb & plugin in some of their "sale" emails they blast out. i think it was included once in the last 6-8 months. I'll keep pushing

since you have a vista 40 equivalent, you will definitely want to upgrade passed v1.2. I recall fixing some issues for another vista 40 user recently.

You won't be disappointed. Most users claim this is the best addition to their HA after their lighting solution; i tend to agree
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              You won't be disappointed. Most users claim this is the best addition to their HA after their lighting solution; i tend to agree
              Absolutely what Mark said!! This is the best addition to my home automation system.
              Jim

Comment

I third that. Really can't be beat and expanded my whole home automation system to include just about every door, window, motion, intrusion, and I just got started!

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                  I third that. Really can't be beat and expanded my whole home automation system to include just about every door, window, motion, intrusion, and I just got started!
                  Yes, This is exactly why I looked for an Ademco solution a long time ago. I tried to find something that would interface directly to the 4140XMP board but it's not there.

Coming in as a keypad was a great idea.

This means I will be able to make sure that after a certain time of night, that the alarm system is armed or notify us to turn it on. That's just one use but the main one I would like to have.

Just checked my HS machine to make sure I have the spare serial port. I am going over to order it now.

Thanks!

Comment

Well I tried ordering at NuTech last night. The system didn't respond with the order confirmation. Kevin at NuTech said that it double charged my credit card and that he has refunded both.

So I guess I will wait and get my refunds verified before I try to order again.

Sucks.

Oh well, what's another week.....

Comment

Well I tried ordering at NuTech last night. The system didn't respond with the order confirmation. Kevin at NuTech said that it double charged my credit card and that he has refunded both.

So I guess I will wait and get my refunds verified before I try to order again.

Sucks.

Oh well, what's another week.....
                      Nothing worse than not being able to spend money when your ready

Ps please verify your ad2serial can talk to your panel before buying the plugin
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I emailed Kevin over at NuTech. The only requirement that I can think of that may be different than a Vista 40 panel is that all my keypads have to be set at keypad id of 31. That is a default value that means an unidentified keypad. My system does not know one keypad from another. They are all set as 31. Kevin said that the AD2 unit can be set at 31.

I can use keypads all the way up to 6139 which is a full english keypad. I might be able to use even more but that is at least how new I have currently verified and have in use.

Steve

Comment

I emailed Kevin over at NuTech. The only requirement that I can think of that may be different than a Vista 40 panel is that all my keypads have to be set at keypad id of 31. That is a default value that means an unidentified keypad. My system does not know one keypad from another. They are all set as 31. Kevin said that the AD2 unit can be set at 31.

I can use keypads all the way up to 6139 which is a full english keypad. I might be able to use even more but that is at least how new I have currently verified and have in use.

Steve
                          Sounds good, my vista 20 uses addr 31 as well so i know this isn't an issue for the ad2usb or the plugin
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Are you online yet?
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mnsandler,

Not Yet.

I have been fighting my Ademco panel. I added a 4208u expansion board and it wasn't working, after lots of aggravating diagnostics. These alarm systems are a pain to diagnose. Even if they would add some LEDs indicating operation or communication it would help.

I ended up buying some new expansion boards and just tried one last night. It worked.

I waited until I saw the refunds hit my credit card from Nutech.

I hope to finish up my alarm system expansion this week with 4 new motion sensors and a safe seismic sensor all installed and programmed.

I really wanted the Nutech board to help with the programming. It's a pain to stand at the panel and key this stuff in.

I should be ordering the Nutech maybe this weekend. Unfortunately, I had to use the funds to buy those expansion boards. And we just went on vacation so I don't have room in the budget for toys just yet.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X