AD2USB "reads" but does not arm/disarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AD2USB "reads" but does not arm/disarm

I have an AD2USB, Version 1.2.0.0 of the plugin, and have configured it according to the plugin documentation, set up a non-master account, and put in that code on my one and only partition since the documentation states that if I have a 50 panel I have to use a non-master user code. I used my master code in the main settings page per the plugin documentation.

I have been able to add all the zones, and HS can read the status. I'm using door sensors to turn on certain lights, for instance. However, when I try to arm/disarm the alarm nothing happens. The log says " Vista Alarm - Sending [code]+3" and then nothing happens.

I've gone over the documentation for this plugin and the alarm system again and again and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I suspect that I'm very close, but i would like to be able to automate arming and disarming the alarm system and just can't seem to be able to crack it. Does anyone know what the trick is here?

Thanks,

I have just setup my AD2USB and also have one parition. I did not enter any code under the partition, just under settings and things work - I can arm/disarm and also see all sensors trigger...

Here is exactly what I did - hope it helps...

address 16, set DC (Device code) to 91 (2-5 & 9 are used for my sensor zones)
    Partitions: enabled Chime DC (Device Code) = 92 (2-5 & 9 are used for my sensor zones)
    Zones: added zone for each sensor

Comment

Originally posted by gatornuke View Post
      I have an AD2USB, Version 1.2.0.0 of the plugin, and have configured it according to the plugin documentation, set up a non-master account, and put in that code on my one and only partition since the documentation states that if I have a 50 panel I have to use a non-master user code. I used my master code in the main settings page per the plugin documentation.

I have been able to add all the zones, and HS can read the status. I'm using door sensors to turn on certain lights, for instance. However, when I try to arm/disarm the alarm nothing happens. The log says " Vista Alarm - Sending [code]+3" and then nothing happens.

I've gone over the documentation for this plugin and the alarm system again and again and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I suspect that I'm very close, but i would like to be able to automate arming and disarming the alarm system and just can't seem to be able to crack it. Does anyone know what the trick is here?

Thanks,
      have you tried a different user code on the partition page for P1?

another test would be to try the arming from putty or hyperterminal with the same user code to see if the panel responds.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

IT simply will not work. I've tried leaving the code blank in the partition and just putting it in the master settings, different combinations of master and non-master codes, setting up a virtual keyboard in the alarm system through the #93 menu mode, and assigning that devide code to the AD2USB... nothing.

putty lets me see all the crap coming off the alarm system, but sending commands just says "transmitting.. done" and nothing happens.

This is very frustrating.

Comment

so if sending cmds to the panel doesn't work from putty, then we need to verify the DI & DO lines are connected properly.

what panel do you have? oh, i see you have a 50p.

and what keypad address did you define for the ad2usb
          Last edited by mnsandler; October 11, 2012, 05:42 AM. Reason: answered one question already
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I programmed an alpha keypad at address 20, which is empty. Set it to partition 9 to make it a master keypad.

I'll take a look at the physical connection. I had the alarm installers connect it when they put in the alarm, so it's probably not right.

Comment

I checked the input line, and it looks like it was inserted a bit too much into the terminal such that part of the insulation was trapped under the screw. I loosened the screw, removed the wire a bit so that only the copper is making contact, and re-tightened. Still does not work.

Comment

I would check the continuity of the lines as well

Did you config the ad2usb with the new keypad address 20
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, i configured the AD2USB to address 20, but just as i was about to give up, i decided to change the partition of keypad 20 to "1". I had it initially set to "9" because i read somewhere that this would make it a master keypad.

Well, wouldn't you know it, now it finally works! This is fantastic.

My recommendaton would be to make the documentation a bit more straightforward. For instance, the section on "Device Address" is a little confusing, and nowhere on it does it say that you have to create a whole new alpha keypad to map to your AD2USB. I spent countless hours trying to figure out the addresses of the physical keypads and trying to map the AD2USB to those. As it turns out this was a major hangup for me, and only recently did it occur to me to create an alpha keypad afer realizing you could do that after reading the programming documentation.

It would help to have a high-level outline of the steps you're trying to accomplish:

1 - Create a virtual alpha keypad using the #93 menu after consulting the alarm programming documentation. (it wouldn't hurt to include links to the 50 and 20p docs)
                  1.a Note the keypad address
                  1.b Set the keypad partition to 1
                  1.c If more than one partition, repeat step 1 and 1.a for every subsequent partition

2 - Map the AD2USB to the virtual device(s) created in step 1

If i had that I would have had this working on day one.

Comment

Working...
                  X