Homeseer 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer 3

Is this plugin going to be compatible with Homeseer 3 when it is released? The reason I ask is I noticed they are getting rid of "COM" based plugins. This doesn't mean the ad2serial won't work does it?

I will have to develop an hs3 compatible plugin. It will support the ad2serial and ad2usb. Don't worry about that.

That said. I don't have any hs3 detail yet
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
      Is this plugin going to be compatible with Homeseer 3 when it is released? The reason I ask is I noticed they are getting rid of "COM" based plugins. This doesn't mean the ad2serial won't work does it?
      Jayman, just to clarify what it means in this contex, COM does not refer to RS232 Serial Communications. Its an acronym for Component Object Model, an older Microsoft software architetcure that harkens back to HS1 and was drug along in HS2... but not HS3. Active plugin developers have more recent code and will have the ability (with a lot of effort) to move their plugins into the HS3 world.

The place where COM will be a problem is older plugins that have been frozen in time from a development perspective, I think some of Jim Doolittle's Doo-x series of plugins will be stranded by this.. any plugins that haven't had active recent development.
      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
        Jayman, just to clarify what it means in this contex, COM does not refer to RS232 Serial Communications. Its an acronym for Component Object Model, an older Microsoft software architetcure that harkens back to HS1 and was drug along in HS2... but not HS3. Active plugin developers have more recent code and will have the ability (with a lot of effort) to move their plugins into the HS3 world.

The place where COM will be a problem is older plugins that have been frozen in time from a development perspective, I think some of Jim Doolittle's Doo-x series of plugins will be stranded by this.. any plugins that haven't had active recent development.
        I see. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X