Bypassing zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bypassing zone

I have been using this plugin for a while now but never tried to use bypass feature. I am able to bypass zone from keypad but not from HS (either Web GUI or HS Touch). All other features seem to be working just fine.

The only thing I notice in the log is
    8/4/2013 10:02:45 PM Vista Alarm Sending 603

Any special setting I need to do? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance!

what vista panel do you have? and what plugin version are you running?

Do you have a panel code entered in the plugin; this is required for bypassing zones from the plugin
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Here is my info
      • I have Vista 20p panel.
      • I have 1.2.0.0 version of the plugin.
      • I do have code entered - I am able to use HS to arm/disarm the system but not to bypass. I have been using arm/disarm for year+, just never tried to use bypass till recently.
      If I bypass the zone on the keypad it shows correct status in HS (3 = "Bypass") and I can arm from HS. Once completed HS shows ARMED ***STAY*** ZONE BYPASSED.

So it seems only issue is sending bypass command to the alarm system.

Comment

would you mind trying the latest beta posted on the forum? I'm pretty sure this issue has been resolved

backup your setup
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,

I tried 1.2.14.2 HSPI_VistaAlarm.dll (I had to take FTD2XX_NET.dll from 1.2.14.1 as you didn't provide one with 1.2.14.2). Bypass still does not work although the log file message has slightly changed. Below I tried to bypass all of my zones - some were faulted and some not. None worked.

8/7/2013 9:02:09 PM Vista Alarm !Sending.done
          8/7/2013 9:02:09 PM Vista Alarm Sending 602
          8/7/2013 9:02:08 PM Vista Alarm !Sending.done
          8/7/2013 9:02:08 PM Vista Alarm Sending 605
          8/7/2013 9:02:07 PM Vista Alarm !Sending.done
          8/7/2013 9:02:06 PM Vista Alarm Sending 604
          8/7/2013 9:02:04 PM Vista Alarm !Sending.done
          8/7/2013 9:02:04 PM Vista Alarm Sending 603
          8/7/2013 9:02:01 PM Vista Alarm !Sending.done
          8/7/2013 9:02:01 PM Vista Alarm Sending 609

Comment

Originally posted by Person View Post
            Hi Mark,

I tried 1.2.14.2 HSPI_VistaAlarm.dll (I had to take FTD2XX_NET.dll from 1.2.14.1 as you didn't provide one with 1.2.14.2). Bypass still does not work although the log file message has slightly changed. Below I tried to bypass all of my zones - some were faulted and some not. None worked.

8/7/2013 9:02:09 PM Vista Alarm !Sending.done
            8/7/2013 9:02:09 PM Vista Alarm Sending 602
            8/7/2013 9:02:08 PM Vista Alarm !Sending.done
            8/7/2013 9:02:08 PM Vista Alarm Sending 605
            8/7/2013 9:02:07 PM Vista Alarm !Sending.done
            8/7/2013 9:02:06 PM Vista Alarm Sending 604
            8/7/2013 9:02:04 PM Vista Alarm !Sending.done
            8/7/2013 9:02:04 PM Vista Alarm Sending 603
            8/7/2013 9:02:01 PM Vista Alarm !Sending.done
            8/7/2013 9:02:01 PM Vista Alarm Sending 609
            did you setup Partition 1 on the Partition page of the plugin? this is required as well as the panel code entry on that page
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes I did but I did not setup the password - that was the problem :-)

I did setup password under Plugin settings->Security code and that enabled HS to arm/disarm the system. That is what confused me - didn't realized I need to enter password under the partition as well.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Comment

I finally figured out why things break - password for zone-1 gets lost when I reboot HS PC. Not sure why this is the case. Can you help me debug and fix this. Thanks!

Comment

I finally figured out why things break - password for zone-1 gets lost when I reboot HS PC. Not sure why this is the case. Can you help me debug and fix this. Thanks!
                  just to be clear you are talking about password/pin for Partition 1, correct? zones don't have specific passwords
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Correct for the partition. The global password that enables alarm system operation (alarm/disarm) is sticky [don't have HS in front of me so I don't know what is the exact name for that password].

Comment

I just tested editing and saving "user codes" on the partition page and they are being saved. the plugin saves them to the hs device itself
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                        I just tested editing and saving "user codes" on the partition page and they are being saved. the plugin saves them to the hs device itself
                        I did the same multiple times and they disappear after HS restart. I am on HS2 if that makes any difference? Also on Win8.

Comment

Can you check the Additional Information on the device edit page (of the Partition 1 device) from the hs status page and see if the MiscIO Settings change when you update the userCode. see the pic below

you should notice the UserCode= value change

also,
                          if you shutdown hs within 5 minutes, i don't think it saves changes
                          Attached Files
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It says "Partition=1;KeypadAddr=16;UserCode=03urePBtyGI=;;;usecustom icons;;;"

That is when I entered code and did not reboot HS. Now I went and restarted HS (it has been up for few days) and I get no code

Partition=1;KeypadAddr=16;UserCode=;;;usecustomicons;;;

Comment

It says "Partition=1;KeypadAddr=16;UserCode=03urePBtyGI=;;;usecustom icons;;;"

That is when I entered code and did not reboot HS. Now I went and restarted HS (it has been up for few days) and I get no code

Partition=1;KeypadAddr=16;UserCode=;;;usecustomicons;;;
                              thanks for the info. very interesting.

did you disable and enable the Monitor device (99) at any point in the last few days?

did you make any other changes to the Partition 1 device like hiding or showing the arming buttons?

there must be a set of steps we can repeat to recreate this
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X