Zone Fault Detection Delayed But Chime Sounds Immediately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zone Fault Detection Delayed But Chime Sounds Immediately

I'm using the latest version of the Ademco Vista plugin on Homeseer 2 with an AD2USB v2 on a Vista-20SE alarm panel. Everything works fine with the exception of the amount of time it takes the plugin to detect a fault.

When I enable Chime on the alarm panel, opening a door or window immediately triggers a chime from my physical alarm system keypads as expected. However, in order for HomeSeer to detect the fault, the zone must remain open/faulted for a period of time. The HomeSeer logs do not reflect the fault unless I leave the door or window open for several additional seconds.

I've been able to open a door, enter the house and close the door behind me without triggering or logging any events in HomeSeer. This obviously defeats the purpose.

I wish to trigger HomeSeer events as soon as an alarm panel zone fault occurs, similar to how the alarm panel chime sounds. FYI: All of my alarm zones are hard wired.

As stated, everything else is working just fine. What needs to be changed for the plugin to to detect faults immediately?

Thanks!

the delay of detecting the faults is because the 20se does not generate the fault msgs very quickly; ususally there is a 3-4 sec delay. there is no changing this. Even the vista 20p can take 1-2 seconds.

if you are using RF door sensors then i suggest setting them up as RF Devices in the plugin. you will get much better response.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

hello Mark,

I'm not an expert and I need your help. I'm having exactly the same problem, chime sound immediately but delayed zone fault detection. My system was working without problems when I noticed I wasn't getting emails from the event I've created that emails me when a door is opened. It works if the door is opened for a long time, between 10 to 50 seconds. I think that this is depending on what stage of the panel message cycle the zone is triggered.
      I'm using HS3 and Vista 48.
      It worked perfectly before.

Thanks

Comment

in the ad2usb config (via putty) please make sure you have the deduplicate set to No.

if that doesn't resolve it, please enable debug mode in the plugin and then capture a log that shows the zone faulting. i need to see the plugin's response and timing

start from disarm-ready and work with a single zone first.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X