ademco vista 10e and ad2usb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ademco vista 10e and ad2usb

What extra features do one get out of the ademco panels and ad2usb? I currently have an ademco vista 10e and looking at adding the ad2usb to it and then later upgrading the panel to a 20p. I am looking at ademco because I already have one and if I by a new panel, which I am looking at, I still have to purchase the component to integrate with HS.

In the previous post someone mentioned the ademco components are cheaper and can be found on ebay. With the ad2usb integration into the security panel, will i receive triggers for different sensors to homeseer? So if my front door is open, homeseer can receive the trigger door open and turn on a light.

Also will the motion sensor send information to homeseer for motion in a room. I am looking at using those for motion instead of the zwave because the batteries do not last long in the one I have and I would think the security ones are cheaper.

the ad2usb, an ademco panel, and the plugin provides the following features:

- monitoring all sensors/zones when the system isn't armed.
    - arm & disarm the system
    - bypass zones
    - monitor RF sensor/zones and alarm signals when the system is armed
    - create virtual zones to interact with the panel
    - track who armed/disarmed the panel via the LLR feature of the ad2usb
    - monitor multiple partitions

- the 20p is a nice upgrade from the 10 especially if you have multiple partitions.

Note: there is no panel programming support via the plugin. this must be done via a physical keypad, the nutech soft keypad app or a terminal window.

I can't speak to the relative price of the sensors, but they can be had in bulk from ebay and other online vendors. they battery sensors do last quite a while.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X