Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telco Failure Device (1=Dim)

Hi,

Any idea why the plugin would set the Telco Failure device to anything other than On (100) or Off (0)?

I had it trigger by a power outage and when power was restored, it never went away and I started getting image failures in HStouch because I was matching replacement images based on the status.

Any thoughts on this?
    Attached Files

no idea. can you review your log and see if you can find when it was set to 1

you may need to review the log history in the hs database. i think there are plugins to do this
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yeah, I can look. Any idea how to set it back?

Comment

can you manually disconnect the telco from the panel and see how the plugin responds? disconnecting and reconnecting the line should reset it
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I got "telco failure" this morning after I reset the system day before yesterday. Now it shows as on.

A few days ago I unplugged the telephone cable and plugged av analog line in and I got a dial tone but then I got the COMM. FAILURE notice and had to force an alarm to clear the error.

When I unplugged the cable a couple days ago it didn't do anything since the virtual device was already in an on state (how it currently is now)

Comment

with debug mode enabled, can you post a log snippet when you disconnect the telcon, let the panel respond and then reconnect telco
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Sorry I haven't had a chance to do this yet, I had another Telco failure where the device turned on. Now it is back to dim=1. I'll look through the logs this evening

What plugin helps with the search

Comment

This is what I get when I search for telco failure. I am assuming you are looking for details. I have to put it in Debug mode and cause a failure (newborn) hopefully I will have some time tomorrow
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
                  Sorry I haven't had a chance to do this yet, I had another Telco failure where the device turned on. Now it is back to dim=1. I'll look through the logs this evening

What plugin helps with the search
                  i think there a blade plugin BL{something}
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

So I enabled debug and unplugged

here are the logs

I didn't see any device control events during this time and no matter what I did the device value still shows as 1 dim.

Strange
                    Attached Files

Comment

the plugin is not processing the telco msg. what vista panel model # do you have?
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Vista 20p

Comment

I believe this used to work at some point in time. but my phone line hadn't gone down over a year so its hard to tell.

Any thoughts on what to do to resolve/test?

Comment

this is very strange. what plugin version are you running?

i'll have to add some additional debug msgs to determine what' going on
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yeah, i totally agree. I am running 3.0.0.15

Comment

Working...
                              X