• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another version to test
    Attached Files
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

on .20 .. At first glances, we are getting the old behavior now. When a door is closed it shows bypass instead of normal when another zone on the system is bypassed.

Comment

one more try. i tested this with three different zones in a variety of states (including putting a 'check' zone into bypass) and everything seems to following correctly.

if you find different results, please list the steps to reproduce the issue, and include the associated debug log snippet of the steps.

for the record, i'm testing this on a vista 20se which is a little different than a 20p, but i'm pretty sure the panel msgs are encoded the same. this is why i would like to see a log snippet if you find an issue so i can compare.

thanks for testing and reporting back
        Attached Files
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Phil,
          i don't think .21 is the answer. when the chime is enabled, things aren't quite right
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes, you are right. Still seeing zones that go from fault back to normal get stuck at Bypass - similar behavior. .19 was the closest, in that the affected zones did return to normal.

Comment

i think I'm going to have to take more drastic measures to resolve this. i even found a scenario when zones 6 & 7 were faulted, and i tried to bypass zone 7, that the plugin would bypass zone 6 based on the msg received from the panel.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I'm a patient guy. I am surprised no other users of your plugin ever reported this. I know you have a strong base of followers already

Comment

Originally posted by pciccone View Post
                  I'm a patient guy. I am surprised no other users of your plugin ever reported this. I know you have a strong base of followers already
                  I never really mess with Bypass myself, and i think that must be a common theme among others as well. I guess your alarm setup is a little different considering you have sensors on internal doors.

The plugin typically only processes the byte data in the panel messages to interpret what is going on with each msg; I've tried to avoid parsing the alpha messages because I'm not sure they are consistent between panel models and languages.

Nevertheless, there doesn't seem to be any way around this Bypass issue. The Byte data just doesn't consistently identify a Bypass zone event.

.22 looks specifically for the BYPAS XX alpha msg before it sets a zone to Bypass. this seems to work consistently. that said, i have found that if i fault another zone immediately after using Bypass, the BYPAS msg may never show. There is nothing i can do about this scenario.

let me know what you find.
                  Attached Files
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I understand what you are saying. We use bypass because we have a pet door that we keep open for the dogs, that is on the alarm. So we bypass it unless we lock the dogs in, and go away for an extended period. The door is so large, a human can enter through it.

We also bypass when we have spring and fall, using the whole house fan. We bypass windows that are open. We have a big house, lots of zones (I think about 30+)

I just put .22 in, will let you know.

Comment

any feedback on .22?
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes, I was watching a few days to see what would happen. So far flawless execution. I did not check the "check" conditions yet but bypass is great!

Phil

Comment

thanks for the feedback. i did a little testing on the "check" scenario but i only tested one zone in 'check' status. i was able to bypass it successfully without affecting the other zones.

thanks for hanging in there with this.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Chris, just wanted to let you know that we are still OK. Been running properly since the last update.

Thanks again.

Phil

Comment

Phil, thanks for the follow up. I'll consider this good. and post this version as the latest production
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X