Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evaluating HS3 and Vista Plugin - reporting status in ARMED mode?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Wow!! That was fast. Thank you. Today will be tough for me, I got kids activities till 8, maybe later in the evening. If you let me know what I need to do to download/install the updated code for testing I will try to give it a shot tonight or tomorrow.

    Thanks

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by ykamenet View Post
      Wow!! That was fast. Thank you. Today will be tough for me, I got kids activities till 8, maybe later in the evening. If you let me know what I need to do to download/install the updated code for testing I will try to give it a shot tonight or tomorrow.

      Thanks
      i'll post something later today with some instructions.

      i have the plugin setup to allow relay addresses 1 to 15 and channel numbers 1 to 8. see the pic of configured relay as an example. This should cover any possible combination from the !REL msgs
      Attached Files
      Mark

      HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
      Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

      Comment


      • #18
        please find and install 3.0.0.24 in the Updater under the Beta section. look for the Vista Alarm plugin.

        once you have it installed and running, go to the plugin config pages.

        Open the Add Relay tab and enter your relay addr (13) and channel (1) to represent the relay you mentioned above. Click Add Relay Device

        a hs device should be created and added to the dev mgmt page.

        test your relay from the panel, etc and see of the plugin tracks the status (Normal, Fault)
        Mark

        HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

        Comment


        • #19
          Works beautifully! No issues whatsoever. In non-armed alarm state, the status change time is actually 1 second faster for the relay device status update then the motion detector device status update. Excellent work! Thank you so much for this enhancement.

          Should I just be running beta for now and you will eventually include that in the release?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by ykamenet View Post
            Works beautifully! No issues whatsoever. In non-armed alarm state, the status change time is actually 1 second faster for the relay device status update then the motion detector device status update. Excellent work! Thank you so much for this enhancement.

            Should I just be running beta for now and you will eventually include that in the release?
            Thanks for the feedback. Glad its working as expected. Please continue to run this version. I'll post a release version at some point, but it won't be much different. The plugin doesn't change all that much.
            Mark

            HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
            Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

            Comment


            • #21
              I have one more question - and possible enhancement? :-) So, one convenient thing that Vera plugin had was ability to add RF sensors without them even being enrolled into alarm panel. Since the panel gets and logs messages from any RF devices in proximity, sometimes it is useful to add few more RF sensors and be able to use them for home automation events/statuses but without programming them into the system at all. For example, I have RF sensors on my garage doors and ideally, I would not want to even enroll them into my alarm system since as far as security is concerned - I don't care about their status (I have another door that leads from garage to main house so that one is part of security). For garage doors, I just want to know their status and trigger events based on open/close status changes. Without programming RF sensor into the panel, I see messages from the sensor being logged in the log:

              0081315,a0 - faulted (door open)
              0081315,80 - ok (door closed)

              Where first number is the S/N of the RF sensor. If I try to add an RF sensor in the PI interface, it requires me to select the zone# first which means I have to create an alarm zone (by adding RF sensor to the panel and creating a zone in the system). It would be great if RF sensors could be added to the PI without the need to add/register them in the alarm panel since messages are being captured either way. I was wondering if it would be possible.

              Thanks.

              Comment


              • #22
                I'll look into this
                Mark

                HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
                Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                  I'll look into this
                  I think that I would be interested in this.
                  Thanks
                  DSteiNeuro

                  HS3Pro

                  MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

                  Enabled Plug-Ins
                  BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    guys,

                    On the topic of adding RF Devices that aren't registered zones, i think the easiest thing would be for the plugin to allow you to just select an unused zone number that isn't likely to be registered. For example; i could added numbers 100-200 to the zone list for selection when you create an RF Device.

                    what do you think?
                    Mark

                    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
                    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
                    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                      guys,

                      On the topic of adding RF Devices that aren't registered zones, i think the easiest thing would be for the plugin to allow you to just select an unused zone number that isn't likely to be registered. For example; i could added numbers 100-200 to the zone list for selection when you create an RF Device.

                      what do you think?
                      Sure, especially if this is the easiest way to implement it, that would work. I initially thought that this is what "virtual zone" check box is for, but after reading I realized that it is for a different purpose. Adding some dummy zones to use for unregistered RF devices will definitely work as long as panel reporting for those zones is not required. Thanks for looking into this.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        i did a little more investigating and i think i can implement this feature without using a fake zone number (100-200 as i thought before).

                        But it will require using the actual serial number and loop number as part of the Address field for uniqueness.

                        What do you think of the following Address format (Vista RF xxxxxxx:x) for these type of RF devices? see the sample below
                        Attached Files
                        Mark

                        HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
                        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
                        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                          i did a little more investigating and i think i can implement this feature without using a fake zone number (100-200 as i thought before).

                          But it will require using the actual serial number and loop number as part of the Address field for uniqueness.

                          What do you think of the following Address format (Vista RF xxxxxxx:x) for these type of RF devices? see the sample below
                          That's perfect!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I posted .27 in the beta section of the Updater. you should be able to register these RF devices now.

                            select the 'unassigned' option on the zone list from the Add RF Device page, and then just enter the serial number and loop number

                            if you have a chance, please delete and register a rf device that is associated with a zone, and see if that still works as expected
                            Mark

                            HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
                            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
                            Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                              I posted .27 in the beta section of the Updater. you should be able to register these RF devices now.

                              select the 'unassigned' option on the zone list from the Add RF Device page, and then just enter the serial number and loop number

                              if you have a chance, please delete and register a rf device that is associated with a zone, and see if that still works as expected
                              Sorry for the delay, been really busy. I installed the latest beta and added my garage RF zones. Everything works beautifully. Thanks again for adding this feature so quickly. I really, really appreciate it and I am sure it will be useful for others as well. It is a very easy way to add additional RF sensors (more reliable then z-wave sensors sometimes) without ever touching panel programming. This is really great. Thank you!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by ykamenet View Post
                                Sorry for the delay, been really busy. I installed the latest beta and added my garage RF zones. Everything works beautifully. Thanks again for adding this feature so quickly. I really, really appreciate it and I am sure it will be useful for others as well. It is a very easy way to add additional RF sensors (more reliable then z-wave sensors sometimes) without ever touching panel programming. This is really great. Thank you!
                                You are welcome. thanks for testing and reporting back.
                                Mark

                                HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
                                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
                                Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X