Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evaluating HS3 and Vista Plugin - reporting status in ARMED mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!! That was fast. Thank you. Today will be tough for me, I got kids activities till 8, maybe later in the evening. If you let me know what I need to do to download/install the updated code for testing I will try to give it a shot tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ykamenet View Post
      Wow!! That was fast. Thank you. Today will be tough for me, I got kids activities till 8, maybe later in the evening. If you let me know what I need to do to download/install the updated code for testing I will try to give it a shot tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks
      i'll post something later today with some instructions.

i have the plugin setup to allow relay addresses 1 to 15 and channel numbers 1 to 8. see the pic of configured relay as an example. This should cover any possible combination from the !REL msgs
      Attached Files
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

please find and install 3.0.0.24 in the Updater under the Beta section. look for the Vista Alarm plugin.

once you have it installed and running, go to the plugin config pages.

Open the Add Relay tab and enter your relay addr (13) and channel (1) to represent the relay you mentioned above. Click Add Relay Device

a hs device should be created and added to the dev mgmt page.

test your relay from the panel, etc and see of the plugin tracks the status (Normal, Fault)
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Works beautifully! No issues whatsoever. In non-armed alarm state, the status change time is actually 1 second faster for the relay device status update then the motion detector device status update. Excellent work! Thank you so much for this enhancement.

Should I just be running beta for now and you will eventually include that in the release?

Comment

Works beautifully! No issues whatsoever. In non-armed alarm state, the status change time is actually 1 second faster for the relay device status update then the motion detector device status update. Excellent work! Thank you so much for this enhancement.

Should I just be running beta for now and you will eventually include that in the release?
            Thanks for the feedback. Glad its working as expected. Please continue to run this version. I'll post a release version at some point, but it won't be much different. The plugin doesn't change all that much.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I have one more question - and possible enhancement? :-) So, one convenient thing that Vera plugin had was ability to add RF sensors without them even being enrolled into alarm panel. Since the panel gets and logs messages from any RF devices in proximity, sometimes it is useful to add few more RF sensors and be able to use them for home automation events/statuses but without programming them into the system at all. For example, I have RF sensors on my garage doors and ideally, I would not want to even enroll them into my alarm system since as far as security is concerned - I don't care about their status (I have another door that leads from garage to main house so that one is part of security). For garage doors, I just want to know their status and trigger events based on open/close status changes. Without programming RF sensor into the panel, I see messages from the sensor being logged in the log:

0081315,a0 - faulted (door open)
              0081315,80 - ok (door closed)

Where first number is the S/N of the RF sensor. If I try to add an RF sensor in the PI interface, it requires me to select the zone# first which means I have to create an alarm zone (by adding RF sensor to the panel and creating a zone in the system). It would be great if RF sensors could be added to the PI without the need to add/register them in the alarm panel since messages are being captured either way. I was wondering if it would be possible.

Thanks.

Comment

I'll look into this
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                  I'll look into this
                  I think that I would be interested in this.
                  Thanks
                  DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

guys,

On the topic of adding RF Devices that aren't registered zones, i think the easiest thing would be for the plugin to allow you to just select an unused zone number that isn't likely to be registered. For example; i could added numbers 100-200 to the zone list for selection when you create an RF Device.

what do you think?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

guys,

On the topic of adding RF Devices that aren't registered zones, i think the easiest thing would be for the plugin to allow you to just select an unused zone number that isn't likely to be registered. For example; i could added numbers 100-200 to the zone list for selection when you create an RF Device.

what do you think?
                      Sure, especially if this is the easiest way to implement it, that would work. I initially thought that this is what "virtual zone" check box is for, but after reading I realized that it is for a different purpose. Adding some dummy zones to use for unregistered RF devices will definitely work as long as panel reporting for those zones is not required. Thanks for looking into this.

Comment

i did a little more investigating and i think i can implement this feature without using a fake zone number (100-200 as i thought before).

But it will require using the actual serial number and loop number as part of the Address field for uniqueness.

What do you think of the following Address format (Vista RF xxxxxxx:x) for these type of RF devices? see the sample below
                        Attached Files
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i did a little more investigating and i think i can implement this feature without using a fake zone number (100-200 as i thought before).

But it will require using the actual serial number and loop number as part of the Address field for uniqueness.

What do you think of the following Address format (Vista RF xxxxxxx:x) for these type of RF devices? see the sample below
                          That's perfect!

Comment

I posted .27 in the beta section of the Updater. you should be able to register these RF devices now.

select the 'unassigned' option on the zone list from the Add RF Device page, and then just enter the serial number and loop number

if you have a chance, please delete and register a rf device that is associated with a zone, and see if that still works as expected
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I posted .27 in the beta section of the Updater. you should be able to register these RF devices now.

select the 'unassigned' option on the zone list from the Add RF Device page, and then just enter the serial number and loop number

if you have a chance, please delete and register a rf device that is associated with a zone, and see if that still works as expected
                              Sorry for the delay, been really busy. I installed the latest beta and added my garage RF zones. Everything works beautifully. Thanks again for adding this feature so quickly. I really, really appreciate it and I am sure it will be useful for others as well. It is a very easy way to add additional RF sensors (more reliable then z-wave sensors sometimes) without ever touching panel programming. This is really great. Thank you!

Comment

Sorry for the delay, been really busy. I installed the latest beta and added my garage RF zones. Everything works beautifully. Thanks again for adding this feature so quickly. I really, really appreciate it and I am sure it will be useful for others as well. It is a very easy way to add additional RF sensors (more reliable then z-wave sensors sometimes) without ever touching panel programming. This is really great. Thank you!
                                You are welcome. thanks for testing and reporting back.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X