Where is everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is everyone?

SO, I may be the last person alive with a landline that uses this plugin, because there appears to be no posts here in years. Nevertheless, a couple of weeks ago I finally migrated HS3 to HS4, and since then I have been getting an error message on every incoming call, viz.:
    Mar-19 18:05:04 BL_HSPhone.vb Is_Homeseer_Phone_Installed(): Error - The method or operation is not implemented.
    Mar-19 18:05:04 TTS Speak ():There is a phone call from WIRELESS OH.
    Mar-19 18:05:04 BL_HSPhone.vb Is_Homeseer_Phone_Installed(): Error - The method or operation is not implemented.
    Mar-19 18:05:04 BLNetCallerId Info Phone Line 1 CID Data --> ###DATE03191804...NMBR15138193400...NAMEWireless OH+++

As you can see I am still getting the TTS I was looking for, but is there anything I can do about the error message?
    Thanks!

May be because Homeseer Phone is not available for Homeseer 4 (and never will be).
    Jon

Comment

This is why I will not be migrating my HS3 system to HS4. Instead I will run HS4 as a new install and keep both systems running with functionality assigned to the platform that is most appropriate/supported. As far as I can see this is the cheapest and easiest way to address Homeseer Phone and other things that don't work or don't work well on HS4.

Comment

Well, I suppose that isn't so bad. I never really set up Homeseer Phone in HS3, I just had the BLNetCallerId plugin so that the home audio can announce who is calling the landline in case I wanted to answer it, which rarely happens. And guess what, since the plugin migrated over to HS4 automatically with the other plugins, it still does announce the caller. It also uses the custom announcements for specified callers, so I can live with the log errors. Early on I also considered maintaining HS3 and HS4 until HS4 was really stable, but I couldn't justify the additional complexity and cost of running another box, so instead I just waited over a year to do the upgrade. So far HS4 has proven to be stable, and the conversion was a breeze.

Comment

Originally posted by bstrome View Post
          Well, I suppose that isn't so bad. I never really set up Homeseer Phone in HS3, I just had the BLNetCallerId plugin so that the home audio can announce who is calling the landline in case I wanted to answer it, which rarely happens. And guess what, since the plugin migrated over to HS4 automatically with the other plugins, it still does announce the caller. It also uses the custom announcements for specified callers, so I can live with the log errors. Early on I also considered maintaining HS3 and HS4 until HS4 was really stable, but I couldn't justify the additional complexity and cost of running another box, so instead I just waited over a year to do the upgrade. So far HS4 has proven to be stable, and the conversion was a breeze.
          Just to clarify, the NetcallID box plus the BLNet CallerID plugin work fine in HS4 apart from some recurring errors that don't affect functionality. Is that correct?

Comment

Exactly. Call comes in, HS announces the caller over the house audio. I just ignore the log errors. The only issue I have, is that the phone number announced is not spoken as individual digits, but as a single number; as a result I might hear "You have a phone call from 5 billion, three hundred sixty two million, seven hundred forty one thousand, eight hundred twenty five". But I believe it's an issue with the voice package, not the plugin.

Comment

Does NetcallerID + BLNet CallerID plugin do caller ID by name (if one is sent) or only the number?

Comment

+1
                HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                Home Assistant 2024.3
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Yes, here is an example:

10/07/2021 18:40:00 Script BL_HSPhone.vb Is_Homeseer_Phone_Installed(): Error - The method or operation is not implemented.
                  10/07/2021 18:40:00 HomeSeer TTS Speak ():There is a phone call from VIETNAM VETS PI.
                  10/07/2021 18:40:00 Script BL_HSPhone.vb Is_Homeseer_Phone_Installed(): Error - The method or operation is not implemented.
                  10/07/2021 18:40:00 Legacy-Plugin BLNetCallerId Info Phone Line 1 CID Data --> ###DATE10071838...NMBR15138292800...NAMEVIETNAM VETS PI+++

But, we rarely get a name. Usually a number, or a city/state, or "unavailable".

Comment

Working...
                  X