Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connection Problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Connection Problem

    I just installed the trial and I'm trying to do the initial configuration. I have the plug-in and client both installed. When I view the client log it shows connected and info received and sent to server. The problem is when I look in the plug-in log it shows no clients connected.

    I am using the default port 8282. I have checked and it is not in use by any other program. I have also forwarded the port in my router so I know it's not being blocked. The IP address on the client is set to the HS IP address. The clients aren't being seen by the server/plug-in.

    I know I'm missing something simple so I appreciate someone with a lot more brain power helping me out!

  • #2
    This may or may not be your problem but I had to install the security outlook program as outlook security was not allowing the client to connect. After that it's been running flawlessly for years now.

    You can also check Blade's forums for this plug-in for other info that you may need.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the reply, very much appreciated. I have read, I think, all of the posts. There was one post that was similar but the reverse situation existed, I think. The clients did not show connected but the plug-in did.

      I appreciate your response and suggestion but perhaps you can briefly tell me how the security program "could" affect the outlook program. I read the release notes but I'm not sure how installing and configuring it could help?

      Thanks again for your assistance.

      Comment


      • #4
        By the way, I do intend to try the security plug-in per your suggestion in the mean time....

        Comment


        • #5
          I wish I could give you all the in and outs of how it works but what I can say is until I installed the outlook security program outlook itself would not allow another program to connect with it. The result was the plug-in and client were connected but no info was exchanged because outlook blocked that exchange.

          What the little program allowed you to do was give a yes or no answer to other connections to outlook. Hopefully this is the problem for you, if not I'll have to defer to Blade for an answer.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

          Comment


          • #6
            Fixed, sort of!

            Well, "mom always said stupid is as stupid does!" I normally run Windows Mail and that was what I had running while trying to test! Shut that down, opened Outlook and problem fixed! What a dope I am sometimes.

            Now I have the two talking and actually speaking new mail. I am having the same issue with Outlook blocking connection. I guess I'll have to dig around in security plug-in to figure that one out too.

            I thank you very much for your help. Sometimes I don't see the forest for the trees I guess.

            Comment


            • #7
              Well, it is an outlook plug-in. Sorry couldn't resist giving you the biz. No sweat it's not like any of us here haven't done a move like that. There might even be a whole thread of our mistakes on the board here. Welcome to the club!
              Marty
              ------
              XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
              Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

              Comment

              Working...
              X