Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is DropBox trigger working for anyone in IFTTT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is DropBox trigger working for anyone in IFTTT?

This stopped working for me a couple of days ago. Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Dropbox changed public folders to shared folders.
    They have been emailing that the change was coming for months now.

The plugin will need updated or you need to change your public folder permissions.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
      Dropbox changed public folders to shared folders.
      They have been emailing that the change was coming for months now.

The plugin will need updated or you need to change your public folder permissions.
      Thanks for this information.
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

So, IFTTT can't access the files unless I change the view permissions? I see the filse are uploaded when they should.

(Where do I do that?)
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

My Actions is working only for first day although the file is created in folder every time
          The triggers are working nice.

Comment

Spud, we need help!
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I will have a look. Just to be clear on the problem: the plugin creates the text file in the Dropbox but IFTTT does not pick it up? or is it the other way around?

Comment

IFTTT does not pick up the changes, yes. The file is created just fine.

Dropbox did some changes to the "public" area, and I can't for the life of me figure out what I need to do to make IFTTT see the change.

Comment

I tested with some old IFTTT applets and saw some strange things, but then I recreated 2 applets from scratch to test both public and private folders, and it seems to work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	smsevents.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1192304

Name:	smsapplets.png
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	1192303

I'm supposed to receive 2 SMS every 15 minutes and so far it has worked flawlessly

Try to recreate your applets from scratch, and maybe try to relink the Dropbox service in IFTTT

Comment

I still got nothing.

Comment

After some more tests here is what I found:

- IFTTT seems to check if there is a new file in your dropbox only every 15 minutes, so you have to wait at least 15 minutes before jumping to any conclusion

- Overwriting an existing file in your dropbox (or even uploading a file with a name that existed before but that you deleted) does not seem to work consistently. It worked for me yesterday, but it doesn't seem to work this morning.
                      So you need to make sure that the IFTTT plugin uses a different name each time by using advanced mode to provide a name for the file with a replacement variable that will change over time. I used $time in the example below but I think you could use a timer or a counter.

Name:	replacevar.png
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	1192308

Let me know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                        So you need to make sure that the IFTTT plugin uses a different name each time by using advanced mode to provide a name for the file with a replacement variable that will change over time. I used $time in the example below but I think you could use a timer or a counter.
                        Perfect! I'll check!

Can I use $date too? Some of my Events trigger at the same time every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                          Perfect! I'll check!

Can I use $date too? Some of my Events trigger at the same time every day.
                          yeah $date should work, anyway if this workaround work for you, I will update the plugin so that it write different file name automatically.

Comment

Er.... spud?
                            I don't have any fields for entering the file name....?

My version os 3.0.1.2 and as far as I can tell, it's the latest version (and I couldn't find it in the beta section either).

Comment

you need to switch to advanced editing mode (blue bird button) to see the file text box

Comment

Working...
                              X