Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Trial of v3.0.1.3 but i have found that triggers don't work,

I have the following error in the log
    Jan-08 16:09:31 IFTTT ERROR System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value should match pattern '\A(?/(.|[\r\n])*)?|(ns:[0-9]+(/.*)?))\z' Parameter name: path at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at HSPI_IFTTT.FolderMonitoring.d__14.MoveNext()
    Jan-08 16:09:31 IFTTT ERROR System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value should match pattern '\A(?/(.|[\r\n])*)?|(ns:[0-9]+(/.*)?))\z' Parameter name: path at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at HSPI_IFTTT.FolderMonitoring.d__14.MoveNext()
    I can see the file has been created but the plugin doesn't process the event. I have deleted all the files i can from dropbox but there is a small number of images and my Flight log backup which i cant delete, but i don't know what it's balking over. i tread re-authentication again, but the log doesn't contain any other events just these ones every minute or so, the log is set to debug.

any ideas? was going to try this before i created my own plugin to pass text from IFTTT my event is as below but it doesn't trigger

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	179
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1273831

please ignore, i have found the solution, i was missing the preceding / in the path name.

I cannot however pass the global variable out when using external process as it sends the variable name as can be seen in the event and not the text in the event.

Comment

Thanks spud, just purchased as the solution i use for presence (Fingbox) is now integrated properly with IFTTT i have relooked at IFTTT again, one thing i was missing passing text back from IFTTT and yours is the only easy way to do this. i could have created a rest api for doing this, but your solution is less time consuming so i took the plunge.

anyway one thing i had difficulty doing was passing back text for alexa voice notifications, so for example when a new network device connects to my network tell the detail of the device name and vendor. i struggled a bit getting the text into my usual batch file as the $$GLOBALVAR:ifttt_variable: was just passing that string back and note expanding it, so i have written a quick cs script to do this, just thought i would put it here to record for anyone to use if they need.

Code:
      using System.Diagnostics;

public void Main(object[] parm)
      {
                      var parms = parm[0].ToString().Split('|');
                      var globvar = hs.GetVar(parms[1]);
                      hs.WriteLog("AlexaSpeak", "Saying the Phrase: " + globvar + " on device: " + parms[0]);
                      var srquery = "%SystemRoot%";
                      var sysroot = Environment.ExpandEnvironmentVariables(srquery);
                      var windir = sysroot + "\\sysnative";
                      Process speak = new Process();
                      speak.StartInfo.FileName = windir + "\\wsl.exe";
                      hs.WriteLog("AlexaSpeak", "Path to wsl is : " + speak.StartInfo.FileName.ToString());
                      speak.StartInfo.Arguments = "/home/USERNAME/alexatts/alexa_remote_control.sh -d \"" + parms[0] + "\" -e speak:\"" + globvar + "\"";
                      speak.Start();
      }
      and the event has been setup to run the script and accepts the parameter for in the format AlexaDeviceName|IFTTT_Variable

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	260
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	1274651

Comment

thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
        X