Issue with GlobalVar and SetDeviceValueByRef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with GlobalVar and SetDeviceValueByRef

Can someone tell me what the issue is with the syntax of: &hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(1419, $$GLOBALVAR:ifttt_AQI:, True)

Log File: Error Running script(2) &hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(1419, $$GLOBALVAR:ifttt_AQI:, True), init error: Invalid character

I am trying to set the Value of a Virtual Device. I have tried several changes and can't come up with the solution. I have the same GlobalVar syntax in an email inside this event that works just fine. The String a 1 to 3 digit number with an AQI reading.

Thanks,

Mark

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5404.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1427940

I am not much of a scripting person but I recall having used tenScripting and it helps a lot. You might want to check it out. Btw, do you really need the double dollar sign?

Comment

You can't use replacement variables in any scripting function. They are not automatically replaced except in emails and TTS: http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/st...ment_variables

So in a script you would need to use the ReplaceVariables function or directly get the value of the global var from your script.

Comment

Thanks Spud!

This worked perfectly: &hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(1419, hs.replacevariables("$$GLOBALVAR:ifttt_AQI:"), True)

Mark

Comment

Working...
        X