X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    yeah that's pretty cool
    I don't think there is an android app yet.
    Spud, can you explain, why is Dropbox necessary for this work, I am missing part of the picture.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
      Spud, can you explain, why is Dropbox necessary for this work, I am missing part of the picture.
      Dropbox is necessary as an intermediary because there is no IFTTT channel for HS, and to apply for one it would be necessary to have a HS cloud service. So instead, I decided to use an existing service like Dropbox which is an IFTTT channel already. HS and IFTTT talk to eachother by reading and writing files to your Dropbox account.

Comment

Jason, did you see my email about this problem?
        Yes. Sorry for delay--you fixed it! Thanks.

Question about trigger file name: Does the name matter at all?

Also, can you think of anyway of using this plugin to determine if HS3 is up, and if it stops to perform an IFTTT action?

Last question: Is the 15 minute processing time on IFTTT just related to google calendar, or are all IFTTT recipes run at minimum of 15min intervals?

BTW--nice plugin!

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
          Question about trigger file name: Does the name matter at all?
          no the name of the file doesn't matter at all

Also, can you think of anyway of using this plugin to determine if HS3 is up, and if it stops to perform an IFTTT action?
          If HS3 is down, the plugin is probably down too, so it can't do anything. You could try to build a script or a program that check if HS3 is up, and if not it would write a file to your dropbox folder (exactly like the plugin does) in order to perform an IFTTT action, but that's beyond the scope of this plugin.

Last question: Is the 15 minute processing time on IFTTT just related to google calendar, or are all IFTTT recipes run at minimum of 15min intervals?
          It's not very clear to me either, but I think the 15 minutes interval apply to all channels except a few ones which are supposed to be faster.

BTW--nice plugin!
          Thanks

Comment

not working

plugin isnt working for me, I am getting the following error:

PHP Code:
            Feb-20 5:44:37 PM           IFTTT     ERROR Exception of type 'DropNet.Exceptions.DropboxException' was thrown
            it appears that the plugin is not authorized for the plugin, i even tried authorizing again from the config page, and it and i get this if I am already logged in to dropbox on my browser:

PHP Code:
            This session has expiredPlease return to the app to try again
            If i logout of dropbox on my browser, then hit the dropbox authorize, it beings me to the login page for dropbox, and after i log in it does nothing.

what am i doing wrong?
            HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

try to restart everything from scratch

- stop the plugin
              - delete IFTTT.ini from your config folder
              - in your dropbox account, click on your nickname in the top right corner, then click settings, go to the security tab, and in the Apps Linked section at the bottom check if you see HSPI_IFTTT, if you have it delete it
              - stay logged to your dropbox account
              - restart the plugin
              - go to the config page and click on "Dropbox Authorize" button
              - give your authorization on the dropbox page
              - go back to the config page and click the "Done" button

Comment

Linux support for IFTTT plugin?

Hi Spud

Thought I would give this interesting sounding plugin a go. I am running HS3 Pro on Ubunutu 13.10. I think I have followed all the steps correctly, but when I try and bring up the config page it just shows "Error" on an otherwise blank page. As this failed several times even though I had disabled and then re-enabled the plugin, I tried deleting the ini file per the post below, but that then caused the additional errors in the log below and didn't recreate the file.

PHP Code:
                Feb-24 13:02:02           IFTTT     ERROR Argument cannot be null.{0xA}Parameter nameuserLogin
                Feb
                -24 13:01:50           IFTTT     ERROR Exception of type 'DropNet.Exceptions.DropboxException' was thrown.
                Feb-24 13:01:48           Plug-In     Finished initializing plug-in IFTTT
                Feb
                -24 13:01:48           Warning     Cannot find requested INI file: /home/homeseer/Downloads/HomeSeer/Config/IFTTT.ini
                Feb
                -24 13:01:48           Warning     Cannot find requested INI file: /home/homeseer/Downloads/HomeSeer/Config/IFTTT.ini
                Feb
                Feb
                Feb
                Feb
                -24 13:01:47           Info     Plug-in IFTTT has connected successfully
                Feb
                -24 13:01:47           Info     Remote application or plugin has connected127.0.0.1:43670
                Feb
                -24 13:01:47           Info     Remote application or plugin has connected127.0.0.1:43669 
                I then recreated a blank IFTTT.ini file and that error goes away, but I am still stuck with the "Error" webpage and no ability to enter my dropbox credentials. I was already logged in to the dropbox application and website (in the same browser session) when I re-enabled the plugin.

Not sure if this is a Linux problem or something else.

Let me know if there's anything I can try

Many thanks
                James
                cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                  Hi Spud

Thought I would give this interesting sounding plugin a go. I am running HS3 Pro on Ubunutu 13.10. I think I have followed all the steps correctly, but when I try and bring up the config page it just shows "Error" on an otherwise blank page. As this failed several times even though I had disabled and then re-enabled the plugin, I tried deleting the ini file per the post below, but that then caused the additional errors in the log below and didn't recreate the file.

PHP Code:
                  Feb-24 13:02:02           IFTTT     ERROR Argument cannot be null.{0xA}Parameter nameuserLogin
                  Feb
                  -24 13:01:50           IFTTT     ERROR Exception of type 'DropNet.Exceptions.DropboxException' was thrown.
                  Feb-24 13:01:48           Plug-In     Finished initializing plug-in IFTTT
                  Feb
                  Feb
                  Feb
                  Feb
                  Feb
                  Feb
                  -24 13:01:47           Info     Plug-in IFTTT has connected successfully
                  Feb
                  -24 13:01:47           Info     Remote application or plugin has connected127.0.0.1:43670
                  Feb
                  -24 13:01:47           Info     Remote application or plugin has connected127.0.0.1:43669 
                  I then recreated a blank IFTTT.ini file and that error goes away, but I am still stuck with the "Error" webpage and no ability to enter my dropbox credentials. I was already logged in to the dropbox application and website (in the same browser session) when I re-enabled the plugin.

Not sure if this is a Linux problem or something else.

Let me know if there's anything I can try

Many thanks
                  James
                  This is a problem specific to Linux. I'm working on it.
                  Thank you for reporting.

Comment

This is a problem specific to Linux. I'm working on it.
                    Thank you for reporting.
                    Merci
                    cheeryfool

Comment

The Linux issue is fixed in version 3.0.0.1 available here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...48#post1106948

Note: you need to wait a few seconds after you enable the plugin, before you can go to the config page.

Comment

The Linux issue is fixed in version 3.0.0.1 available here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...48#post1106948

Note: you need to wait a few seconds after you enable the plugin, before you can go to the config page.
                        That fixed the dropbox auth issue. Will play with this later. Thanks
                        cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                          That fixed the dropbox auth issue. Will play with this later. Thanks
                          Spud. I was eventually able to get this working, which is great. I now have location based events in HomeSeer so thank you for that.

A couple of comments:
                          1. The /public folder is no longer created automatically when you open a DropBox account. I think they added the ability to add the equivalent parameters to any folder now, but they still allow for this to be created if you really want it.

2. I struggled for some time to actually get the plugin to read the files that were successfully being created on DB from the location recipe in IFTTT. I am not entirely sure which of the changes I made fixed it, but I definitely missed the mandatory .txt file extension initially. Oops. Even after that I wasn't able to get it working and I tried dumbing down the path to ensure that there were no spaces and that the case matched on every letter in the HS Event and the actual DB location. Not sure if this last piece was required or not

3. Eventually, I disabled the plugin and re-enabled it and suddenly it picked up multiple files from the correct location and I was then able to trigger off them. Subsequently I modified the location again and the plugin is definitely not picking this up dynamically. Obviously this is not a major issue (as long as you know about it) and it may well be an HS feature, vs a plugin problem.

Thanks again
                          James
                          cheeryfool

Comment

License Expiring

Spud, what's up next for this plug-in? The trial is expiring in a couple days, are you going to continue testing and move that date out, or is it getting posted as a free or paid plug-in?

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
                              Spud, what's up next for this plug-in? The trial is expiring in a couple days, are you going to continue testing and move that date out, or is it getting posted as a free or paid plug-in?
                              Never mind, just updated my plug-in listing and it is now showing the option to buy the plug-in.

Comment

IFTTT Plug-in - Beta Testing

I am seeing it for purchase in the updater now. Not as an update to the trial, but in the "Telephone, Text and Email Integration" section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                                X