X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spud
    replied
    travisdh is right, this plugin rely heavily on dropbox to communicate with IFTTT but it isn 't a dropbox plugin, its main goal is to allow HS to trigger IFTTT recipes, and to allow HS events to be triggered by IFTTT recipes.

I don't plan to apply for a IFTTT channel as it would require a HS cloud service somewhere and it wouldn't provide much more features than what you can do right now with this current plugin.

I'm going to add more advanced examples of what you can do in the User Guide thread.
    Last edited by spud; February 16, 2014, 04:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• travisdh
    replied
    It looks from what I have seen that the IFTTT plugin is a dropbox plugin in that it needs a cloud service (IFTTT) as an intermediate.

This is why dropbox is used as it provides the medium for the IFTTT service to act on / against to handle actions or triggers.

I am not sure if a homeseer IFTTT channel is proposed, but I doubt that it is really needed due to the clever use of dropbox!

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    I like that you produce some of the most forward looking plugins. This plugin strikes me as a dropbox plugin, rather than an IFTTT plugin though. Am I missing some special IFTTT sauce in the description? Or do you plan on getting a homeseer channel added to IFTTT?

Either way I like it. When IFTTT was proposed a while back as a viable target for plugin dev it looked like it was going to become the main cloud Internet of things (IOT) service because they just added WeMo and Hue. Since then it really hasn't progressed much as an IOT service, and really looks a lot more like a way of connecting social to storage to reading--which is still cool, but less cool than a few magnitudes than a true IOT service.

There is a rapidly maturing IOT app though, and it is not cloud based. I think it makes a really good target for HS plugin dev--and they have released an API for connecting to the app.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    started a topic IFTTT Plug-in - Beta Testing

IFTTT Plug-in - Beta Testing

This plugin is designed to interface HomeSeer with IFTTT ("If This Then That")

Please report any bug.

Please read the User Guide before installing.

Installation:
    • download the zip attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder in /updates3/zips
    • download the file named updater_override.txt attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder.
    • go to the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page and click the "Update Listing" button, then click "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" and check the IFTTT line.
    • click the "Download and Install" button
    • enable the plugin from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page
    • delete updater_override.txt from your HS3 application folder

Changes to v3.0.1.3
    - Do not overwrite existing dropbox files. This was preventing IFTTT applets to run in some cases.

Changes to v3.0.1.2
    - Updated Dropbox library to version 4.3.0

Changes to v3.0.1.1
    - Fixed problem with additional trailing slash or missing starting flash for IFTTT action folder

Changes to v3.0.1.0
    WARNING: The Dropbox integration has changed, with this version you need to reauthorize your account
    - Upgraded to Dropbox API v2
    - Added the "RunIFTTTAction" scripting function

Changes to v3.0.0.11:
    - Log the "Invalid JSON string" error at the Debug level as it is harmless and appears frequently.

Changes to v3.0.0.10:
    - IFTTT triggers now respect event conditions

Changes to v3.0.0.9:
    - Added timeout for longpoll http request so that the plugin doesn't get stuck when connection drops

Changes to v3.0.0.6:
    - Fixed authorization process

Changes to v3.0.0.5:
    - Added possibility to specify a file name for IFTTT actions

Changes to v3.0.0.4:
    - Various fixes

Changes to v3.0.0.3:
    - Better handling of network errors

Changes to v3.0.0.2:
    - Implemented long polling to replace standard polling mechanism

Changes to v3.0.0.1:
    - Fixed issue with https request on Linux
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spud; September 21, 2017, 09:12 AM.
Working...
X